Friday, March 4, 2016

Another Inch Of Snow

7:02
Icy Trees at Long Point 
Surprised to see the white outside after yesterday, when the snow from the two previous days began to disappear.  It was not much more than a dusting but it painted everything white again.  It 21º at the moment, overcast but fairly bright, the lake luminescent, a few fishing shacks out early on the lake. And when I walked out to get the paper in the snow, I could hear sounds of spring, the chirping of various birds, the ratatat of a wood pecker.

I am taking the next few days off from yoga, like yesterday, to get my knee back to normal.  So I had a boring morning, starting with Evie and me doing up the dishes from the previous night's dinner, lots of glasses which I take great care to dry so they don't mark.  It was the first day in a long, long time where I did not leave the house, did not drive somewhere, except for breakfast in Bemus with the guys.  I forgot about that.  But after that, after the dishes, I stayed inside the house for the day, no walking, no yoga, no shopping, just housebound, with my book, the TV, and myself.  Boring.  I found myself waiting for lunchtime, so I had something to do, NARCOS, to watch.  Then it was time to read, nap, wake up and then I had to wait until 5:00, when it was wine time,  From then on, things went more quickly, a dinner of leftover chicken marabella, with a delicious side of garlic spinach.  And then, after dinner,  we watched Real Time with Bill Maher, but I also have a  confession to make:  after the first two questions to the Republican candidates in the Great Debate, I switched the channel to American Idol, and we watched that for the next hour.  I guess I am becoming Joey Bimbo, with a beer and the boob tube, enjoying junk TV, ignoring the politics of day. It was great.

For Evie, yesterday was her usual, getting things cleaned and organized in the morning, then a drive to the Lakewood Y, then some shopping at Sam's Club, browsing through the just arrived summer clothes, filling her cart with possibilities, most of which she will return.  But there's always a gold nugget among the dirt.

Today, Friday, is a big day as the third season of Netflix's HOUSE OF CARDS is now available, all twelve episodes.  Time to either binge watch or parcel out the episodes, perhaps two a night over the next week of so.  And we also have two DVD's ready to watch, ROOM  and STEVE JOBS.  What would we do in the evenings without Netflix?  Maybe read, talk with each other?  We will never know because we have Netflix.

Today I will be dropping my taxes off at my accountant's office in Jamestown (my accountant sounds important), as I am too lazy to do it myself.  And I will probably have a stop at Wegman's on the way home,  then pick up a book on hold at at the Ashville Library, and giving Libby, the library's cat, some attention.  Something to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...