Tuesday, March 29, 2016

It Feels Like A Fall Morning


7:15
7:27
7:35
A striking morning sky of clouds, blue skies, and sunshine, reminding me for some reason, of a sky in mid fall.  It's chilly out, 30º, quite a difference from yesterday morning.  And we should have sun all day, clear, blue skies, a high of 40º, a huge contrast to yesterday.

I cannot remember a worse  day at the lake then Monday.  Right from start, it was miserable outside and it continued until dusk.  I did make it to yoga, in a wet mix, a heavy wind.  Class, as usual, was enervating, so when I walked outside, I was ready for bear but not the weather.  I stopped at the bank to cash a check from the State of New York, a rebate for property taxes.  Thank you Governor Cuomo.  I also picked up some yogurt and head lettuce at the store before heading home.  I also stopped at Smith Library as well, to pick up a book but it was closed until noon.  Why don't I check or pay attention to their published hours.

Lunch was made when I got home, a fish sandwich, with coleslaw, ready to heat in the oven and homemade vegetable soup.  What a woman.  So I settled in the TV room to watch the last half of the Syracuse/Virginia basketball game and enjoy my lunch.  Evie took off to the Y and then got her hair trimmed at the Mall with Casee, her regular.  After the game, I read some, made Turkish tea, took a brief nap, and listened to the wind howling, the trees and house shaking, the rain/sleet falling at a  45º angle.  And the lake reminded me of a mild day on Lake Erie, as we had waves not only close to shore but out in the middle of the lake.  I just hunkered down in the house, hoped no large branches would fall, that our electricity would not be effected.  Fortunately, it wasn't although a few miles away in Chautauqua, a utility pole was downed, effecting I assume homes in that area.   National Grid was scurrying all around the area, repairing many downed lines.

A Choppy Lake, Long Point, Late Afternoon
Evie returned home, braving the weather around 4:00, just as I had gone outside to pick up a few branches as the rain had stopped momentarily.  We had a relaxing wine time, watching the sky darken, the waves break, the wind continue.  Dinner was bratwurst with sauerkraut and German potato salad that Evie put together that morning.  So we filled up on brats and potatoes and watched another episode of BILLIONS and THE GOOD WIFE.  Around 10:30, I went upstairs to read a new Deon Meyer thriller, TRACKERS, having finished my Bruno the Detective novel in the afternoon.  It's always nice to have another book ready to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...