Sunday, May 25, 2014

Sunny Morning On Lake Chautauqua...It's Becoming a Habit

7:54 In The Morning 
 Late Saturday Afternoon, From Our Porch
Another bright, sunny, morning. three days in a row.  It's now 7:00 and I have been up for a half hour, not paying much attention to the outdoors, so I changed chairs, opened the window, now I can hear the martins, see the birds zooming from nest, to shore, to other nests.  It looks like lots of fun to be a bird. The lake is receding very slowly, still have buckets on the docks though we may take them off later in the day.

Like most Saturdays lately, I had yoga at 9:00, with Chris, two other students, a small class.  I think the fact that Chris often cancels class affects the attendance.  One student was a drop in, from Florida, so class was geared for her.  Later, I did some shopping, buying a chicken to grill out at Wegman's, looking for a wall hook to hang a cool ceramic fish Beth gave us last year.  It took shopping at two hardware stores and lots of browsing before I found something that worked.  When I got home, it was time to head to the Transfer Station, though all our garbage cans were on the dock.  So I had plastic bags of garbage inside of plastic bags and it worked just fine.  Perhaps I don't need a large SUV to take the trash to the station each Saturday.
Long Point In The Morning
Martin Couple Bickering
The rest of the day was spent relaxing out on the dock, or for me, watching some of the European Soccer championship on TV, which Real Madrid won in overtime.  It was lovely outside, just right when the sun was out, a bit cool when it hid behind the clouds.  For some strange reason, I was obsessed with grilling a whole chicken on our grill, so Evie made up a marinade of butter, lemon and spices, rubbed the bird with it, and I put it on the grill for about an hour and a half.  We had it for dinner and it was less than tasty, mediocre at best, making me wonder why I went through the effort and expense when I could have easily gotten a tasty rotisserie chicken at Sam's for less money.
Clouds From Our Dock
Amazing Afternoon Sky
Before our dinner, we did enjoy sitting out on our porch for the first time this spring, enjoying cheese and crackers and a glass of wine.  The martins and swallows were in fine form, zipping through the blue skies, dive bombing the docks, even each other, or so it seemed, entertaining us as we sat luxuriating in the late afternoon, the lake and wind calm, the boaters having gone home.

We watched some TV after dinner, though there was not much on and went to be earlier than usual for a Saturday night.  We did watch Bill Maher's Real Time from Friday night, always funny, a good way to end the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...