Friday, May 23, 2014

Sunny Morning As High Waters Ebb Slightly

6:13
Up at 6:04, lot of sunshine in the living room, as it looks like I am going to have to get up much earlier to see the sunrise.  The lake waters are still high, edging up on to our lawn in spots though our dock pieces are not underwater.  In some areas of the lake, they are and some have floated away.  It sounds as if we might have some isolated showers today, nothing severe...I hope.

Yesterday, for me, was a waste though it began well, with breakfast in Bemus with the guys.  We ended up talking about our college experiences, not something we like to remember.  How silly and careless we were, with alcohol as the main catalyst to untoward behavior.  Sounds like things have not changed much in 50 years.  After breakfast,  I  had to drive into Ohio,  for my yearly check up with my cardiologist, so I left at 10:00, did not return back to the lake until 4:30.  I think I may find a local doctor since my appointment took all of about ten minutes though I did have one test which took about fifteen minutes.  A long way to go for less than a half hour.
Debris on Flooding Lake Side
Sheriff Towing Lost Boat
While I was driving, Evie was busy overseeing the lake's rise, worrying about docks floating away.   The wind picked up and small waves started lapping over the docks so she and our neighbor Jim Fox ended up filling various containers, scavenged from garages, even attics, filling them with water and putting them on various docks, to keep them from floating away.  According to the CLA the lake is up 18" than normal.  So far, it's worked and if it does not rain much over the next few days, we should have no problem along Woodlawn, though a couple of dock pieces about six houses from us did float away though rescued by Shane, just in the nick of time.  Boats have been warned to stay off the lake because of the debris but it does not stop the fishermen.  The afternoon was nice enough for Evie to relax on the dock, read  some, and enjoy the sunny but cool weather.

Evie spent a good part of the afternoon putting together a homecoming dinner for me, hot dogs and left over chili!!!!  So I combined both and had chili dogs, just like you might get at your favorite food stand in the city.  We watched our usual, Stewart and Colbert, plus an episode of Real Time with Bill Maher. He can be so vulgar, so blasphemous, politically and socially, but so funny.  Not every one's cup of tea but we like it.

Random Think: "People are more afraid of living than they are of dying." Romanian writer  E. M. Cioran

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...