Friday, May 2, 2014

Another Dreary Friday Morning

On The Lake Again
Friday Morning at 7:15
Up at 6:20 because I have yoga at 8:15.  Back to normal outdoors, overcast, some drizzle, 43º, not very inviting though the lake remains calm.

Yesterday was another day, just like any other or so it seems lately, with the weather keeping us inside. I started my day with breakfast in Bemus, drove pass a wild turkey crossing the road, and a hunter at the Bemus Point Inn had a dead turkey on his belt.  I guess it must be hunting season.   It was overcast early, so I did not mind going to yoga, a class that was not very crowded for once.  When I came out, the sun was actually out, a miracle it seemed, after three or four days of clouds and rain.

Since the sun was out, I quickly changed when I returned home, and worked in the yard, picking up branches, raking twigs from the heavy winds the past two days.  It felt good to be outside again, doing something physical.  I went in and had lunch, salmon patties that Evie put together from last night's dinner, and watched another True Detective.  Evie went off to the gym to work out and didn't get home till about 3:30.
Amazing "Heavy" Clouds
A Tranquil Lake On A Spring Afternoon
While Evie was gone, it clouded up but around 4:00, the sun came out, it warmed up, so we had to go kayaking, it was too nice not to hit the water.  We paddled down to Wells Bay and back, as the sun played hide and seek with the clouds.  In fact, it was cold by the time we got back to our house, the wind picked up some, the sun behind the clouds.  Still, it was great to be back out on the lake.
Late Afternoon
We relaxed before dinner, Evie with a beer and I made myself a bloody mary, thinking ahead to the summer afternoons.  It tasted great, lots of horseradish, the way my daughter Jill makes them.  Evie made a curry for dinner, with chicken and broccoli, served it over rice, just enough for a dinner, perhaps a lunch tomorrow.  Another two episodes of Friday Night Lights, some other shows, and to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...