Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Stormy Weather

6:19
6:33
It's 7:00 and I have been up since 6:15.  Heavy rains last night, about a half an inch, lots of clouds this morning, some drizzle, and a warm 63º.  Birds, boats and NPR, the sounds of morning, reassure me all is well at the lake.  Add a heavy downpour to those sounds at the moment.

Yesterday looked like rain much of the day but held off till last night.  I did get in yoga at 9:30 and despite my sore back, not sure what from, class was good, no pain and I felt much better afterwards.  Fortunately, Danielle knew a number of us had back issues so that was the emphasis of our class. When I got home Evie had cut the lawn, wanting to get it done before it rained.

After a soup and sandwich, Evie drove into Lakewood for a dental appointment and to get things for our trip to Darien.  We leave early tomorrow morning, a seven hour drive, to visit our daughter Beth and family, see some volleyball games, attend Marisa's concert, and celebrate our grandson Mitch's sixteenth birthday.  We cannot wait. While she was gone, I got some small chores done outside, the kind of things you have to do every so often, clean the gutters, bail out the boat, put up the fishing line (again) to discourage the geese.  All things I wanted done before our trip.

Around 4:30, I drove to Mayville for an annual check up with my doctor.  A good guy, we usually talk biking, staying shape, that kind of thing.  And as predicted, he said I was the healthiest patient he had seen all day, which does not bode well for the residents of Chautauqua County.  I was home by 5:30, in time to enjoy a glass of wine before dinner with Evie.

For dinner, Evie made me a couple of western sandwiches, with leftover hamburgers, eggs and hot sauce plus we had some lemon chicken and rice to fill out the meal.  We watched Mad Men and Bill Maher, both great last night, then 24 which is silly but entertaining enough to stick with it.  Then, upstairs to read my James Patterson thriller, as Alex Cross chases a serial killer.

Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don’t resist them; that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like. – Lao Tzu

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...