Wednesday, May 21, 2014

A Night And Morning Of Thunder, Lightning, And Heavy Rains

6:05 Eerie. Stormy Skies
6:25
Victoria Creek Flow
Flotsam From Creeks
I woke on and off during the night to thunder, constant lightning, rain on the roof, the same when I got up at 6:00, the same at the moment at 7:00, rain, thunder, and lightning.  Add to that a flooded front and side yard and road, a muddy lake, a changing sky, but little wind surprisingly.  Lots of flotsam floating by, however, a result of the heavy rains, streams pouring stuff into the lake. Victoria creeks sounds like a river, the source of most of the debris  -- boaters beware.   I did walk out on to the dock during a brief hiatus, but hurried back inside when it started to thunder and lightning.  And even though the sun has risen, it's getting darker and darker.  I cannot remember a storm like this in quite awhile.  And it's to continue on and off the rest of the day, perhaps tomorrow as well.  Hope it clears up for the Memorial Day Weekend.

Yesterday I was back to yoga, a class of one for the first time, just me and Courtney.  I feel bad for her because she's new, has yet to get a following of students.  After yoga, I had lots of little errands, getting my boat battery charged, returned cans to the can man, coming home and finding Evie was cutting the lawn again, a smart move because of the predicted rain.  I then drove off to Mayville, to renew my boat and trailer licenses and miracles of miracles, no one was in line, so I was done within five minutes, a first at the DMV.  On the way home, I stopped at Tops for some groceries, than at the Lighthouse for a chicken salad sub.  I made it just in time as when I paid and walked out the door, there was a line up of 30 guys, obviously construction workers from the area.
Multitasking: Putting In the Dock, Talking On The Phone
We had the sub for lunch, watched Stewart and Colbert, are quickly back in our routine.  The rest of the afternoon we just vegged out, probably a result of our long day yesterday.  We just did not feel like doing much.  I did go over to Chautauqua Brick to pick up a couple of cement blocks, to hold up my kayak rack.  Around 6:00, we sat down to relax, with wine and cheese, and watched the guys put in the Leonard's dock, as it got darker and darker, and started to rain.  I give them credit, as they stuck it out, then put in our ladder and a pole for my boat.  They were not done till around 8:30.

We had salmon, spinach, and rice for dinner, watched Mad Men and American Idol, and went to bed around 10:00 as I finished Patterson's ALONG CAME A SPIDER and started his next Alex Cross thriller, KISS THE GIRLS.  It's very similar to the first, just a different serial killer, so I am not sure I will stick with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...