Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Windy, Gray and Blustery Morning

A really unattractive morning, gray, heavy winds, actual waves on the muddy gray lake, as the weather certainly seems to have changed.  It's so shallow over by Leonards and Theissens that waves are rolling in, with small white caps.  I was off early  this morning, sort of , to get a blood test in Lakewood, around 8:30, then I got my first Starbucks in months, hit the bank, picked up some books at the Lakewood library for our trips West, put a hold on our mail and checked the tires.  It's now 10:30, around 40 degrees outside, and I have to finish my article for the Turkish NBA magazine and send it off, finish packing, work out later in the day at Turner Center, and look for a book on CD at the Smith Library.  In between, I will finish my Jack Reacher novel, tie up any financial ends, like paying bills, and wait for tomorrow, when we head West to Kansas City.  The weather is changing; I just hope not too much, as I don't want to fight rain, sleet, and freezing rain, which is a possibility.  This gives you some idea of how we fill our days, with small tasks like this,  Not to exciting but enjoyable, not having to go off and work, doing what you want, filling your day with mundane tasks so it seems like you are very busy.

Kind of a wasted day, as we got organized for our trip, and before we knew it, it was 5:00 in the afternoon.  The only physical activity was picking up down branches from the wind; I filled three large garbage cans full of branches and twigs, a result of the 40-50 hour winds.  I also went to the library, taking books back and getting some for our trip.  The wind has died down a bit, no more branches and I have sent off my article to the Turkish NBA magazine and also some pictures.  We see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...