Sunday, November 28, 2010

Heading Home from KC

A quiet morning, only me, as I think about our 8 hour drive today, to Greenfield, IN, about half way to the lake.  It looks like a sunny day and though Chautauqua may have had lots of snow, it's supposed to be sunny there tomorrow, so I hope the drive will be easy.  We hope to be off b 9:00 at the latest, I just hope the family is up by then.  Marlena will be for sure, but I don't know about the rest, just kidding.  Evie just got up and Marlena should be up soon, no doubt with her Thanksgiving Journal in hand.  Tom and Mary went to the Plaza last night to have dinner with friends, and we babysat and watched Matilda with the kids, then Nick and I watched Kansas play Arizona, a good game.  We went to bed before the game was over though Nick stayed up to watch the end.

Yesterday afternoon was a day of drama.  Evie came down with  bladder infection, very uncomfortable, so she went off to the walk in  clinic at CVS but was turned away because they don't treat anyone over 65.  So, we had to go to a walk in clinic, 15 minutes away, to get seen and get a prescription, from a vending machine, of all things.  Then, when we got home, I could not find my wallet, so after 15 minutes of looking and calling stores, we found it on the bedside table, covered by an edge of the bed spread.  A relief.  Not much fun for a couple of hours, but all's well that end's well.  Evie feels much better this morning, so we are going to take off in awhile

Yesterday I received a digital copy of the article I wrote for NBA Turkiye, in Turkish obviously.  I like the fact that they included various pictures that I sent to them, of my team mates from the seventies and our visit a year ago.  I imagine the translation itself may leave a  lot to be desired.  They are sending me a copy but it will take a few weeks to get here, no doubt.  I keep thinking of things I could of said because I worry that my friends may misinterpret my words.  I also wish I had mentioned the work that Ahmet does with the young at his camps and gyms for the inhabitants of Gokturk.  That's what comes with actually writing something to be published, that someone may take it wrong or disagree with what you said.  If I ever write something else for publication, I better get used to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...