Saturday, November 13, 2010

Sunny November Morning after seeing the film INCEPTION

It's amazing to wake up late, for me, around 7:30 and walk downstairs to a living room filled with blinding light from the sun.  I finally figured out why it's so different from the summer...no leaves on the trees, a clear sky, and a change back to Greenwich time.  I cannot even sit in the living room unless I face the fireplace its so bright.  I also could not get on the Net, a real disaster as I found, as if I had woken up in a foreign place. I did not know what to do with myself; NPR was not enough as I needed my fix, just like coffee and caffeine, of email, Facebook, Wall Street Journal, Hurriyet, and the New York Times.  Finally, I just pulled the power cord to our everything, waited five minutes, rebooted the entire system and voila, i am back on.  What a relief and a discovery to find how dependent I have become on my fix each morning.  A bit disturbing to see how dependent I have become.

We had a good time last night, starting with really good Mexican food at Taco Hut, in downtown Jamestown, right across the street from the Reg Lenna theater.  We had been there a couple of times about last night the food was especially food, chicken flautas with a white garlic sauce for Evie, and a fried taco for me.  Ron and Linda also had good meals; for Evie and I, our bill was 18 dollars, really reasonable.  The film, Inception, was as I expected, very difficult to follow, though reading the review had helped.  What surprised me was how like a video game, like Call of Duty, the film was. Supposedly it was about our dreams, about planting or stealing ideas from our minds, without our knowing it.  Christopher Noland, director and writer, imagined this journey as a shoot out, chase, you name it.  Thus, the film was filled with lots of action, violence, car wrecks, and destruction.  It did keep our attention, perhaps cause we wanted to make sense of the plot.  Ultimately, I think, the realization came that we were not going to make 'complete' sense of things, just parts.  The end, where we suddenly cut back to the beginning, where the journey begins, with them on a 747 mimicked the wakening from a dream, which we all recognize.  I don't think I would want to see it again but I am glad I saw it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...