Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Foggy and Tired

Awake at 4:00, up by 5:15, it's going to be a long day. We had a great time last night, going to Jamestown Community College to watch the sectional finals in girls' volleyball. It's a areal experience in small town Western New York. Both teams and all the fans were white, so different from most of the US (perhaps not Darien). It seemed as if the entire town had turned out, with lots of grandparents watching. Both teams had one really good player, the one who was set every ball if possible, and could really put it away. It made me want to go find volleyball teams for Hayden, Halle, Marisa, and Marlena. It's so much more exciting than soccer, I am sorry to say. Randolph won in four, rushed the floor, jumped on each other, and will move on. We then went to the Seezurh House for dinner, burgers and fries for me, Evie a chicken sandwich.

 This morning I finally was able to download all my entries from my Istanbul journal on to my Blog. So now I have that saved and I an begin editing it and adding pictures, something that should keep me busy the rest of the year. It's still too foggy to kayak, so we will probably head off to the store, then come home and work in the yard and clean out the garage, getting it ready for winter and storing the Honda.

For whatever reason, we got nothing done during the afternoon; Evie actually went upstairs to take a nap(no luck) and I spent close to 45 minutes on the phone with Apple Help, setting up my printer, figuring out how to export pictures from Iphoto to my Picasa website.  I also ordered an external hard drive so we can burn dvd's or cd's, or play a dvd on the computer, what of the functions missing from the new MacBook Air, alas.  I was impressed by the help; I will no doubt use it more often when I get stuck on something, rather than spending hours trying to figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...