Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Morning with Marlena

Marlena and I have been up since a bit after 7:00, as I struggle to read my computer and juggle Bella and Marlena tries to write her Turkey Journal.  She is usually the first one up, some its fun to sit with her and listen to her talk.  Like me, she seems like a morning person.  We looked through her school directory and she pointed out the kids she knew.  Then, she got her journal, told from the Turkey's point of view and started writing in it.  She has quite an imagination, and she writes well, of course.  After finishing a page of her journal, everyone else got up, and now she is  coloring a picture to match her journal, and it's not quite 8:00 in the morning.  We are off to the Plaza this afternoon, to shop and eat out, an outing we manage every time we are in KC.  It's an amazing place, filled with great shops and restaurants, with a southwestern architectural theme, making it really attractive, with Spanish style architecture.  Unfortunately, I just heard thunder, and the rain is pelting the windows, a result of the warm weather moving in after yesterday's cooling off.  Let's hope it clears up for our trip to the Plaza.

Tom and I ran to the grocery store, picking up last minute items for Thanksgiving and Friday, when Tom and Mary are having the Burlingame' over for dinner.  We made it in record time, and then headed down to the Plaza to shop and eat dinner at Houstons.  I have to say I have had it with shopping already; I don't even want to walk into a store because I don't want anything and don't want to buy anything.  We walked around for about an hour or so, then went and had a very good meal at Houston's, a great restaurant right on the Plaza.  I had a great burger and beer, and Nick had the ribs, which he loved.  On the way home, Evie made us stop and CVS to pick up candy, nutty buddies, and ice cream, just what we needed after a big dinner.  I have to admit the kids were happy.  Another game is on and no movie is available that we all might like.  Evie is working on the turkey right now, making sure things are ready for tomorrow and it's only 8:15.  A foggy, rainy day outside but we had fun nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...