Saturday, July 1, 2017

Another Wet Morning


6:30

7:30

8:25
It was raining when I got up at 6:20 to a grey morning, both lake and sky.  Now, at 7:45, it has stopped raining but the clouds remain and we may have more rain later in the day.  We must have gotten close to an inch in the last 12 hours and it's 65º, getting up to the low 70's later in the day.

Blue Heron Of The Morning
Yesterday was a strange day, mostly because we were having dinner at home for the first time since last Saturday.  The day began with yoga as usual and class included our neighbor's daughters, Cris and Kathy.  With Julie our teacher, there were four of us from Woodlawn, our neighborhood.  Class was really good, lots of variety.  I passed up on a coffee and went to straight to Wegman's, a mistake because it seemed everyone in the area had the same idea, get stocked up for the 4th.  Since I now have Wegman's app on my phone, Evie can make a list on her phone, add to it, and it pops up on my phone as I shop.  Cool beans.  Of course, like always, I did not get everything perfect because I did not realize that the app included quantity; I got only one, no two cans of Campbell's tomato soup!

When I got home, it was time for lunch and Evie volunteered to make me a steak wrap with mushrooms for lunch.  How could I say no.  It was tasty, a nice change from chicken salad and I relaxed in the TV room, watching another SPIRAL.  Yes, I am getting to the end of the series, alas.

It was a surprisingly warm afternoon, so Evie spent a good amount of time out on the dock, either cutting weeds or sun bathing on our dock.  After a nap, some Longmire, I joined her and worked in the deep waters, clearing the weeds.  We ended up with quite a pile on our dock, letting it dry but it rained overnight so it will have to sit out there for another 24 hours or more until it dries.

Around 6:00, we both cleared the dock and came in.  Evie quickly put together our chicken and a curry simmer sauce, including mushrooms and broccoli.  Once she finished up cooking the rice, everything was ready to be heated, so we adjourned to our front porch for a Manhattan and some Affinois cheese.  It seemed as if it was the first time we have sat on the porch this summer.  It was a beautiful night to sit outside, blue skies, puffy clouds, a cobalt blue lake.  Around 7:30, Evie reheated the chicken and sauce, made a salad and we had a really tasty dinner.  It felt good to have dinner at home although we struggled to find something to watch on TV.  We started an Australian series recommended by our daughter Beth but neither of us could understand the accent.  We ended up watching some Colbert and news until we had enough and went up to bed.

Our daughter Beth and her family are spending the 4th at a friend's house in Taos, NM.  This is the view from their porch this morning.  Pretty nice.

Taos Sunrise at 6:05



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...