Tuesday, July 11, 2017

A Gray Morning With Blue Herons


6:42

7:30
Mr. Elegant

A Heron Dance?
It was overcast and wet when I got up at 6:25 and now, at 8:05, it's gray and wet and may be like this the rest of the day.  It's 66º outside, the air heavy with humidity (93%).  It seems to have discouraged the fishermen as I see no boats on the lake other than our neighbor's ski boat.  And, as you can see, I spent a good amount of time photographing two herons, fishing off our neighbors' dock.
Fishing

Got It

Breakfast

Dropped It
Monday went as usual, with a good yoga class for me, some yard work for Evie.  I was home by 11:00 and Evie wanted to beat the rain and cut the lawn.  So for the first time, we pulled out the new Honda mower and after some fiddling with the new controls, she took off and cut the lawn in no time. The mower seems to cut better than our old mower, two mulching blades and they are sharp.  So Evie was very happy.

I had a lunch of the last of the vodka pasta, finished up the fourth and final season of SPIRAL, alas, tried to read something but failed, then got ready to drive into Jamestown for a dentist appointment.  It was merely a five-minute check up, to make sure the gum surgery from six weeks ago is doing well.  It is.  I then stopped at Prendergast Library because I cannot find something that I want to read.  I have started three or four books but after a half hour, I put them down either because I think I have read them before, they are boring, or I just am not in the mood for a book.  So I picked up three thrillers, light reads, and hope they will interest me.

When I got home, Evie was out in the water, swimming with our neighbor's grandson, getting ready for when our grandchildren arrive in ten days.  I wasted the rest of the afternoon although I did get rid of the lake weeds from Sunday.  Around 5:00, Evie took a final swim, I showered and we were picked up by Linda and Ron, in the rain, and we drove to Bemus Point.  We always try to have a beer on the Hotel Lenhart porch and even though it was raining and gray, we sat on the porch with two other couples. No great sunset but it still was pleasant.

Linda And Ron At The Lenhart Hotel

The Dude And His Girl Friend
We then went to our standby, the Seezurh House, for dinner.  It was packed, as crowded as we have seen it.  We quickly decided on what we wanted, our waitress took the order but we then waited almost an hour for our food.  Either our waitress forgot to put in our order because others who came in after us were served before us, or the kitchen was disorganized.  We talked with Robin, the manager, who said one of the workers walked out on the kitchen.  It still did not explain why we were served after everyone else.  And we are the regulars!  We still had a good time, talking about all the fun we are going to have when fall arrives and Linda And Ron are in their new home.  We were home in time to watch the penultimate episode of HOUSE OF CARDS.  Francis is in rare form, doing a Zoey on the Secretary Of State.  He does not mess around.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...