Friday, July 7, 2017

A Fine Morning For A Paddle

Floating Sisters

6:10

6:16

6: 
It's 8:00 and I have been up since 5:45, in time to catch a muted sunrise because of the haze. And a lakefront filled with geese, feeding on the weeds.  When I walked out to take a photo, they paddled away.  It was too nice to sit in and write my blog, so I went out for a paddle, hoping to see more herons.   Alas, I did not see any, only saw and heard the chattering of kingfishers.

Paddling To Infinity

Weed Watching For Herons
Yesterday was another busy morning as we were expecting my sister Ellen and her husband, Wally late morning.  We had not really been organized for company, partly because of weather, lots of rain and our trip to New Hampshire.  So while Evie got things ready inside, including eggplant sandwiches for lunch and Turkish koftes for dinner, I swept, vacuumed, and washed the front porch. And we had yet to really use our outdoor furniture much preferring to sit on the dock or porch.  So I got our chairs, our round metal table for eating and some lounges.  I first sprayed them with my new high powered nozzle, to get rid of spiders and such, then wiped them down.  By 11:30 all was well in our house and yard.

Lazy Afternoon Lunch
Ellen and Wally arrived just about noon, and like us, they were hungry, so Evie quickly made up eggplant, tomato, lettuce and mayo sandwiches along with a cup of cauliflower soup and we had lunch al fresco for the first time this year. It was pleasant to sit outside and the weather cooperated as the sun hid behind the clouds, so it was not too hot.

After lunch, we all decided it was time for a siesta, either on the dock, floating on a raft or on a couch of chaise lounge.  I preferred the couch, everyone else went out on the dock to enjoy the warm and sunny afternoon.  I soon joined them and Evie and Ellen floated on lounges for a good hour or two while Wally and I read, talked, napped or swam.

Wally At Rest
We were hoping to go for a boat ride but it clouded up so we decided to enjoy cocktails and appetizers in the yard.  We then sat out in the yard, enjoying our wine and cheese and crackers until around 7:00.  I then grilled the koftes and Evie made up a tomato sauce and browned the pita bread squares for our Turkish Iskender kebab.  We all enjoyed out Turkish meal, salad, and the cooling evening, not going inside until after 9:00.

A Turkish Dinner Al Fresco
We quickly did up the dishes and watched two Vice News episodes because neither Ellen nor Wally had watched it before. They like it as much as us.  By 10:30, we were ready for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...