Friday, June 30, 2017

Rain Overnight

6:26

6:54

7:23
It's later than usual as I begin my blog,  8:15 although I have been up for two hours.  It was raining when I woke and we got at least an inch overnight if not more.  Right now it's just cloudy, a nice breeze and 63º.  I have been listening to Morning Joe spend a good hour discussing the latest infantile tweet from the Oval Office.  Isn't there something else going on in the world that has more importance?

Yesterday was warm and humid but it did not stop us from working outside.  I got my yoga fix in at 10:00, lots of hip openers which I suppose I need.  And, since we were going out for dinner for the fifth night in a row, I did not stop anywhere to shop.  Nice.  When I got home, Evie was working in the yard, pulling weeds that tend to take over in our yard.  I donned my work clothes, got out the hedge trimmer and worked on both the privet hedge and our lilac tree.  We also discovered mucho vines growing on our privets that tend to choke them out.  So we both put on long sleeved shirts, got down on our hands and knees, and started pulling them out from, we hope, the roots.  By the time we finished, it looked like rain, so Evie made me a great omelet with Turkish kashar cheese and I watched my TV show, SPIRAL.  I then took a quick nap, woke energized for once and joined Evie outside again and worked for the next couple of hours on weeding our brick walkway of weeds, grass and moss and I did not finish until 5:30.  I took a quick swim in a very cold lake which certainly woke me up and got ready to go to Ken and Marjorie's, our neighbors, for cocktails and appetizer before going out to dinner.  It was another classic sunny early evening on their porch and we got caught up with Charlie, a friend with whom we always have dinner with a couple of times a year.

A Night Out With Neighbors And Friend
We decided to try a restaurant which has been around for quite awhile but we never frequented called The Springs, across from Midway Amusement Park.  It was a good choice. The inside is nothing to rave about, a cross between a diner and a restaurant but it also had a nice outdoor patio.  The menu, however, was amazing, about as extensive a menu as I have ever seen, with 15 or 20 specials and at least 15 homemade desserts.  We ordered either the crab cakes or fish and everything was really great.  We also had a personable waitress who helped us find our way among the many choices.  We let the chef/owner know how much we enjoyed our meal and said we would be back soon.  What a great find.

We got home around 9:15, in time to watch some Vice News and Stephen Colbert before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...