Tuesday, July 4, 2017

A Four Blue Heron Morning

6:04

6:14

6:27

6:27
It's been a lazy morning so far, as the lake at 7:25 is beginning to heat up.  I should be out kayaking rather than sitting here writing this.  I was up just before 6:00, thinking the sunrise might be neat but it's been hidden behind clouds most of the morning so far.  I could see the orb blanketed behind the clouds at times.  Now it has finally risen above the clouds, a large, blinding slash of shimmering light on the lake.  It's 9:30 as I finish the blog, after a long kayak paddle, 20 minutes of Tom's Point, 45 minutes on a leisurely paddle home.  Along the way, I was able to photograph four different blue herons.  Cool beans.
Bemus Bridge From Tom's Point

Prendergast Point On Left, Long Point On The Right

Yesterday was a typical Monday for us despite being a holiday weekend for most.  I was up early, wrote my blog, kayaked and then went to a crowded yoga class in Lakewood.  Lots of visitors and regulars so we had more than 20 of us, stretching and holding.  I was not in the mood to get a coffee and we didn't need anything at Wegman's so I came straight home to a windy but sunny day on the lake.

Blue Heron # 1
Evie had finally gotten to the attic, checking out all our air mattresses, to see which still hold air.  We need them when the Gang of Thirteen arrive in late July.  I was not much help, as I was on the phone with Apple, trying to get my Time Machine and router fixed.  We updated both time machine and the air utility so I am hoping that fixes the problem.  After the half hour phone call, I  just kicked back and had a lunch of tuna, read some and took a brief nap.

Blue Heron # 2
Once the attic was done, neither of us did much the rest of the day.  Evie spent the afternoon reading on the dock, occasionally wrapping herself in a beach towel when the wind got too strong.  I tried the dock but ended up in the yard, safe from the wind, reading and sunbathing until the sun fell behind our willow.  I was tempted to go for a boat ride but the lake was overrun with the weekenders, so I put that idea aside for another day.

Blue Heron #  3
Around 5:30, we had our cocktail hour on the dock, a beer with cashews and pretzels for an appetizer. Neither one of us felt like fussing with dinner, so Evie shredded some cabbage, added vinegar and oil, and we had her favorite cole slaw.  And I grilled some burgers outside.  And that was dinner, just enough for the two of us.  We had forgotten that we started House of Cards back in early June, so we picked up where we left off and watched three episodes, occasionally walking outside to see the fireworks from various venues. We were both in bed by 11:00.
Blue Heron # 4


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...