Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Gentle Rain


7:52

Kayak Morning
Sitting here on my front porch, something I rarely do and I don't know why.  When I woke at 6:30 it was raining and now, at 7:45, it's stopped.  The lake is like a pane of glass and I just saw a kayak paddle by.  I should be out there as well.  It's gray on gray this morning, yet it has a beauty of its own, with wispy clouds moving slowly above long point.  Well, I went out there, got as far as Long Point in my kayak before it started to rain and I had to hurry back.  Still, it was nice to be literally the only one on the lake.

Long Point

Long Point
Yesterday was somewhat of a waste.  I did little other than go to yoga and get a cup of coffee from Ryders.  When I returned home around 11:30, Evie was out for a good part of the day, getting her hair done cby her new guy, Jaret, then on for a mega shopping afternoon at Sam's, then Wegman's, preparing for the arrival of our kids and grandchildren next weekend.  While she was shopping, I had lunch, tuna sandwiches, watched some TV and was basically a slug much of the afternoon until Evie returned, about 3:30.  I helped to put things away and then we both decided to hit the dock for the rest of the afternoon.  That was a highlight of our day, enjoying the alternating heat, then breeze of a 78º afternoon on the lake.  We stayed out until 6:30, enjoying a beer the last half hour before jumping in for a swim, to cool off before dinner.

Stow Ferry Unleashed
Evie had picked up a rotisserie chicken at Sam's, so dinner was easy, made some mashed potatoes and gravy, broccoli, a salad and we had a fine dinner, just like a Sunday.  We had a giggle as we watched both CNN and MSNBC give wall to wall coverage of Donald Trump Juniors emails, while FOX NEWS talked about anything inane except the Trump news.  No wonder Fox News viewers are still in love with the Donald.  We ended the night with the final episode of HOUSE OF CARDS and it was nice to see Claire is just as villainous as Francis, a Lady Macbeth. I went up to read and I finally found a book I liked, Brad Thor's THE FIRST COMMANDMENT, a thriller.  My literary tastes have definitely declined.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...