Thursday, July 6, 2017

A Quiet Morning After The Fourth


6:09

6:10

7:22

7:30

7:32
I was up around 6:15, the muted sun sitting above the horizon.  It's a hazy morning, the shoreline murky, perhaps fog or just morning haze.  It's 64º, my get up to 80º with a good chance of rain.  I will take it.

Yesterday was back to my routine, a nice early morning paddle before driving off to Lakewood to yoga.  After class, I returned five egg cartons to my coffee shop, Ryder's, bought another dozen eggs to go with an iced coffee.  I then drove to Home Depot to pick up a couple of things, then on to Wegman's to get what I forgot the day before.  At least the store was fairly empty, so shopping and waiting in line was a breeze.

When I got home, we decided it was time to take down the canvas curtain which creates a mud room for our back porch.  Many homes around the lake put up these curtains in the fall, to enclose a porch, and take them down in the spring.  Well, I guess it's summer, not spring, so it was time.  Before lunch, then, we cleared the porch and I got out the ladder, undid the snaps, and we took it down, creating an entirely new view from our porch. I like it open like this except in the winter.  While Evie vacuumed and washed the floor, I had my lunch, frozen sloppy joes which we warmed in the microwave.

I then did my usual, watched Spiral, read and took a nap.  Around 3:00, we put the porch back together, did some watering and Evie decided the lawn needed cutting one more time.  My sister Ellen and her husband Walt are visiting today and we wanted the yard to look good.  And it does as does the garden, a result of quite a bit of rain the last few weeks, I think.

7:58 PM
7:50 PM
Around 6:00, our work was done, so I got out some cheese and crackers and we happily sat down on our front porch with a glass of wine and enjoyed the view.  Unlike this morning, Long Point and the opposite shore was crystal clear, the sky filled with puffy clouds, ripe for taking photos as it was the golden hour.

8:53 PM

8:54 PM
We enjoyed sitting down so much we had a second, perhaps third glass of wine, breaking our rule...two is enough. Dinner was easy, as we both felt like fried eggs, toast and we had the leftover potato salad from the night before.  We watched a couple more episodes of House Of Cards, a good way to fill an evening before going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...