Monday, July 10, 2017

Monday, Monday

6:07

6:08

6:15

6:30
It's a partly cloudy morning although when I got up at 5:45, there was a huge diagonal cloud bank off to the south, open skies to the north.  It's a cool morning, 58º and was good sleeping weather as long as we kept the windows open.

Yesterday was another classic summer day at the lake, sunny, temperatures in the 70's, variable winds, perfect for boaters or sailors.  I got an early start, off kayaking by 7:00 since I was up, down to Whitney Bay and back, with a wave to our Viking Club friend, Greg, who lives in Magnolia.  When I got back, Evie was up and ready to pick out the photographs for the blog as I wrote it.  It's our morning routine, getting out the blog with photos in a timely fashion.

We then got a slow start on our morning, taking it easy, not wanting to get busy with a chore.  Soon, however, Evie got bored with doing nothing and decided it was time to get back at cutting weeds.  I needed, then, to dispose of the dried weeds from Saturday, so I got out my wheel barrel and took three garbage cans of weeds to my car and disposed of them.  We hope they will eventually make good compost.  Evie then was free to cut weeds and take them over to our dock to dry.  Fun.  By the time she was tired, around 1:00, it was time for lunch, eggs, bacon and toast.  Evie decided to forego breakfast and went back out to enjoy the sun.  I had breakfast and watched part of the last episode of Spiral, keeping most of it for today at lunch.

Afternoon Cotton Candy
After reading and a nap, I went out to join Evie and put in a good forty minutes, cutting weeds out in the deep waters, some of them six feet long.  By 4:00, the dock was once again covered with drying weeds.  We decided to do something fun so I took the cover off the boat and we went for a wine cruise with our neighbor, Kathy, down past the Viking Club and home, on a surprisingly choppy lake.

Wine Time With Kathy
We were back by 6:45 so I decided to pack up the weeds from the dock in pails and take them up the hill some time on Monday.  After gathering them, putting the cover on the boat and taking a cooling off swim, dinner was ready, the leftover vodka pasta with shrimp.  It was after 8:00 by the time we sat down to eat.  We watched CBS Sunday Morning, with a neat episode on the Erie Canal and ended with mystery novelist Lousie Penny.  Both were really fun.  We then watched Frank Underwood's well deserved slow fall from office.  I assume this may be the last episodes of the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...