Thursday, June 8, 2017

Nothing But Sunshine


The Fishing Gals

9:00

9:00 

I was up just after 6:00 and surprise, the gray skies were gone, the sun was out, the lake sparkling from the sunlight.  It's still somewhat cool, 51º, and we should have our first full day of sun since our kids have arrived.  Of course, we all leave tomorrow to celebrate our grandson Tyler's graduation from Dartmouth College, in Hanover, NH, so we will miss the sunny and warm predicted weekend.

Yesterday began like Wednesday, at least for me, with the realization that I had another flat tire.  So after my coffee, I once again called Triple A and an hour later, the guy came by, this time from another service station, and put on the mini spare.  I called the dealer before he arrived and they said bring it in any time and they would give me a loaner.  So around 10:00, I drove the Subaru dealer, dropped my car off, picked up the loaner and drove home.  The group was still hanging out, enjoying doing nothing mostly because it was still cool, gray and windy outside, too cold for fishing according to Marisa.

Around noon, I drove off to Jamestown, to the dentist, again, to get the stitches taken out from my oral surgery a week ago.  Afterward, I picked up a few things at Wegman's and bought a tire inflator from a hardware store, to take with us on our trip this weekend, just in case.  After my stops, I drove to the Ashville General Store, where Beth and Evie and the grandkids were having lunch.  It's one of their favorite lunch spots and it was crowded because of lunch time.

One Of 26!
We were home by 2:00, in time for my nap, the rest hanging out, Rami on the phone for business until 3:00 when he and Mitch went to the gym for their Cross Fit Training.  Evie and Marisa spent the next couple of hours out on the dock, fishing and Marisa kept count of her catches, totaling 26 by the end of the afternoon, proving to me that there are fish in the lake.  I woke foggy from my nap and decided the only cure was to cut my neighbor's lawn which I did.  And by the end, I felt better, more mojo in my step.

Wine Time
After fishing, Marisa took her tumbling mat which Beth had sent to our house from Amazon, out in the yard and practiced her gymnastics, to the delight of Beth, Evie and my camera as you can see.

Taking A Photo Of Beth Taking A Photo Of Marisa

Hand Stand Of The Day
Dinner was an Albarran favorite,  16 spatchcocked (deboned and flattened) chicken thighs, seasoned with thyme, red pepper, and salt, and then flash fried them in a couple of frying pans.  Unfortunately, the smoke from the red pepper had all of us coughing, opening windows to get rid of the smoke, so next time, we will probably try to cook outside on the grill.

Dinner
I think I would try it outside on a grill, as the house was filled with smoke by the time the chicken thighs were done, the pans thick with black.  Along with the chicken, we had roasted butternut squash, a salad and green beans.  I have to admit I really liked the chicken, especially the blackened and spicy skin. We easily went through two packages of chicken thighs, so they were a hit.  We sat around finishing our second bottle of sauvignon blanc and didn't get up until 8:30, just as the sun was beginning to set.

Barbecue Boys
We watched the first half of the Cavs loss to Goldens State before going up to bed, knowing the result beforehand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...