Friday, June 2, 2017

Wave Riding On A Bright Shiny Morning

7:22

7:22
I missed the sunrise, getting up at 6:15, our bedroom filled with light.  I could hardly look out the front window because the sun was so bright.  It looks like we will have a couple of nice days and then the clouds and rains arrive, just as Beth's family arrives for the week.  Rats.

Wave Riding
I just got back from kayaking on a rough, wavy lake.  I fought my way for 15 minutes to the end of Woodlawn, then rode the waves back home in about three. Not quite Hawaii but still fun.

I went off to yoga yesterday morning, my oral surgery ordeal under control, thanks to ice and Advil. For whatever reason, classes are beginning to get crowded, so 22 of us were sardined into our studio. Lots of regulars, as well as a few new students.  It felt good to get back in routine since I had not been to class for a week.  I stopped at Ryder's Cup and picked up a couple of dozen organic eggs and a cup of coffee.  When I got home, Evie had been busy both inside and out.  I helped out some with the weeding of our newly planted grass area.  Weeds seem to outnumber grass in some areas.  And I tried out my new Weed Wacker, working in various areas around the yard.  So far, so good.  The battery lasted long enough but not as long as advertised which is no surprise.

Lunch was an unhealthy bowl of ramen and Evie made me a healthy avocado quesadilla.  I watched some TV, took a quick catnap and then both of us got ready because Evie was going to shop while I got my eyes checked.  My vision is slightly worse than my last check up when I got new glasses, so I am going to stick with the pair I have until I really need a new prescription.  While I was getting my eyes checked, Evie hit both Sam's Club and Wegman's, beginning to stock up for the arrival of our daughter's family late Saturday or Sunday.

Evie could not wait to get home, to unload the car and put away the groceries so she could get out on the dock and enjoy the waning moments of sun.  I went out to check on my boat, to make sure the motor started since I have not used it in ten days.  Well, once I got it going, I took off the cover and we went for a slow stroll around Wells Bay and Tom's Point and home, despite the wind and waves. We were out only for a half hour but it felt good to be back out on the lake, in the sun and wind and water, enjoying ourselves.  When we got back, Evie heated up dinner, the leftover lemon chicken and rice and I put away our garden tools and closed up the garage.

We ate and watched the brouhaha over Trump's decision to leave the Paris Climate Accord.  All the channels were discussing it but Fox which was highlighting a story where a farmer, who refused to allow a gay couple's request to get married on his property was banned from the local Farmer's Market, a breaking news story obviously.  We then watched another confusing FARGO and neither of us is into it.  And we ended the night watching the first half of the Cavs game.  Offensively, the Cavs looked decent but their defense looked like a sieve like they had no idea what they were doing, as Golden State had seven dunks in the first half.  Where were the Cavs?  It does not look good for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...