Tuesday, August 9, 2016

More Sun, More Heat, Quiet House


6:17
6:38
I was up around 6:15, in time to enjoy a sunrise on an eerily quiet house and lake, almost as if summer has ended.  It's chilly, 61º but will get up to the mid 80's later in the day.  So the warm weather we have had all summer continues through the week though rain is forecast starting tomorrow.

Not much to say anymore about our days with the grandchildren gone, just us two golden agers.  I started yesterday with an early doctor's appointment, then on to Wegmans, a car wash, a blood test, a stop at my car guy to make appointments for a safety checks, then home.  Evie, too, had not much energy yesterday, so both of us did just enough to get by.  That will change, I know.

I had a sandwich for lunch, no soups yet, called my insurance agent, saved myself six hundred dollars on car insurance, but had to drive to my agent's office in Clymer, about a half hour away, so she could take pictures of my car and get a check.  I changed from Erie Insurance who has been my company for years to Travellers because the same coverage was so much cheaper.  I suggest everyone do a check on prices even though it is a pain.  And don't do it on line or you will be inundated with phone calls from various companies.  The only good thing about this trip to Clymer was I bought a root beer float for the ride home.

I hardly went out on the dock in the afternoon though Evie enjoyed it.  I watched the US Women's volleyball team play the Dutch, a team they finally beat in five games.  That was it for my afternoon at the lake.  Around 6:00, we boated over to the Viking Club, to meet our friends, Linda and Ron, who we have not seen in a few weeks, as both of us have been busy.  It was a fine night to be on the lake, though I had to maneuver my boat around a couple of other boats to get a dock space.  I guess others had the same idea, boating to the Viking Club for Reubens and Cubans.

Viking Monday
We sat inside, ordered right away because they tend to run out of sandwiches, got some popcorn, beer, and just as we sat down, Linda and Ron arrived.  We had sandwiches, with extra pickles (Evie's request) and caught up on their travel and moving plans, as they are moving to the lake full time in September.  We stayed till just after 8:00 and then cruised home on an almost deserted lake, the sun setting off to the West.

Sunset Over Chautauqua Lake
We then watched some of the Olympics, at times bored, at times excited for a few of the winners before going up to bed, ready for a good night's sleep, enshallah.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...