Friday, August 19, 2016

Fog In The Morning


7:26
7:27
Well, no sunrise, no blinding sun, as the fog is so heavy that I cannot see beyond our dock.  Dare I kayak?  Once this fog burns off, it should be another warm and muggy day, the high in the 80's once again.

Yesterday was another day that started with yoga at 10:00, again crowded but I got there early enough so I did not have to be in the front row.  Of course, just about everyone in the class feels this way.  Today, should be no problem because class is always smaller.  Anyways, we had another long savasana,   a chest opening as well as relaxation.  When I got home, Evie had hit the road, to do some shopping for sheets for our king size bed at T. J. Maxx, then on to Wegman's to do shopping for the rest of the week and weekend.  It was strange to be alone in the house.  I made a quick lunch of a leftover schnitzel sandwich and soup and watched some of the Olympics on TV.  I did not have much time because I had a teeth cleaning in Jamestown at 2:00.  I always bring along a book because I often have a wait but I got into the chair right away, had no cavities, and left happy for another few months that I do not have any big dental bills.  They will come!

When I got home, Evie was out on the dock with our neighbor, Joyce, so I adjourned to the TV room to watch the US women's volleyball team play Serbia.  I watched the first four games, as the US came back after an injury to their best player.  And I kept the deciding game for later because I was afraid to watch it.  I then took a beer out to Evie and we sat on the dock to end the afternoon.

Moon Over Tom's Point at 8:46
Around 6:00, we went in after a swim, and Evie put together our dinner, salmon, cauliflower, rice and a salad although she forgot the garlic spinach.  The salmon was great and we did not really miss the spinach. After checking out the full moon, an amazing sight, we watched the US lose the final volleyball game, 15-13, heart breaking for them and started a new Netflix series called Marcella, another police show, with a  troubled female detective, at odds were her chief, chasing a serial killer.  Sound familiar?  Anyways,  it's worth watching (Evie may not agree) even though it does not measure up to some of our other favorites.  I finally finished NOBODY'S FOOL, a much longer read than I thought and started a new book THE LITTLE FRIEND,  by Donna Tartt who won the National Book Award for THE GOLDFINCH.  So far, so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...