Friday, August 26, 2016

A Sticky Morning


6:42
6:43
6:55
7:41
Up at 6:00 on the dot, my internal clock at work, to an overcast and warm and humid morning, more like something in Florida than Chautauqua but we had better get used to it.  It rained again overnight, a blessing, and its clearing up now, lots of sunshine over the next couple of days and temperatures in the 80's.

Yesterday, for whatever reason, was a wasted day for both of us.  We had lost our mojo and the heat and humidity got to both of us, so we did not accomplish much other than get through the day.  I did go to a good yoga class, this one emphasizing back bending, something I should be doing every day. And when I  got home, Evie was off to the mall to get her hair trimmed and do some shopping at Sam's Club and Wegman's, as we start to think about Labor Day weekend when Evie's sister arriving for the holiday weekend.

While she was gone, I lounged around, turning on the downstairs air conditioner, watched another Ray Donovan, read and napped until Evie got home.  We then sat for an hour, getting up enough courage to go out on the dock despite the heat.  We finally made it out around 4:00 when it had cooled off some.  We stayed out until 5:30 but I got bored by 5:00, so I took off for a kayak paddle over to the other side of the lake and back, working up a sweat so I could join Evie for a nice swim before we came in for cocktail hour.

7:00 PM
Earlier in the day, I was listening to NPR's On Point, which talked for an hour about cocktails.  I am easily influenced by what I hear so I convinced Evie to have our once a week cocktail a couple of days early.  She is not hard to convince, so we sat on our porch, sipping a Manhattan, watching the sky cloud up, it rain, the sun come out, a rainbow appear, then clear up again, all in an hour and a half.  We had a slice of our favorite cheese, Fromager D'Affinois, a kind of brie,  as an appetizer along with some endamame, so we were happy.

A Slice OF A Rainbow
And best of all, dinner was easy, corn on the cob and leftover stuffed portabello mushrooms, reheated with an egg on top.  Yum.  We watched more junk TV not wanting to start a series, got our fill of Rachel and Megan, both sides of the aisle before going up to bed to read till we fell asleep.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...