Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Fog Rising On Chautauqua Lake

6:37
6:43
7:26
6:27
It's actually chilly in our living room, as I sit on our couch, sipping coffee, listening to Morning Joe, and watching the fog slowly lift, Long Point coming into view, then disappearing.  It's 58º out, thus the fog but its going to burn off as the sun rises and be another warm day at the lake.

We basically took most of the day off yesterday, before gearing up for the weekend fun when Evie's sister arrive for the weekend.  I did go to yoga at 9:30, the most crowded class of the week and we worked on the lower back, just what I needed.  It's a bit sore this morning, but then I have always had a sore lower back on and off over the years.  Yoga, however, seems to help it.  I started the week with a coffee and the same group of regulars were there, the barrista's parents and Dave, a retired neighbor.  One of these days I should sit down and talk with them rather than a quick hello and I am off for home.  When I got home, we accomplished our first task of the day, dropping my Pilot off at a friend's barn, a guy who used to be the mechanic for the Chautauqua Institution.  He supposedly can fix anything, so he was going to check out my Honda to see if it was safe to drive, if anything needed to be fixed.  He lives about 15 minutes away on Potter Road.  So we were back home by 12:00 in time for lunch, leftover chicken and soup.  I am still catching up with Ray Donovan so I watched it and then was tempted to go outside and read on the dock with Evie.  But the heat was such that I decided to stay inside until 3:30, when the heat subsided a bit.  It was actually pleasant, however, when I finally got out there, not as hot as it seemed in the yard, with a nice breeze.  We vowed to stay out until 5:00, then come inside and accomplish a few things before we sat on our front porch with a glass of wine; Evie made up a couple of servings of guacamole and we devoured it with chips, obviously hungry.  It was pleasant sitting on the porch as the day was cooling off, the haze lifting,  the eastern shore becoming clear, the trees still a rich green.  I also got a call from my mechanic to say he felt my Honda was safe to drive, a couple of problems I could ignore but not dangerous.  Yippee.

 About 7:00, Evie made a salad, heated the leftover pizza from Brigadoon and we had dinner.  After pigging out on guacamole, neither of us was that hungry, so a couple of pieces of pizza was enough.  For some reason we were unable to get Netflix, so we watched The Circus, on Showtime, which chronicles the election, week by week, with interviews with the candidates and their surrogates.  We ended the night watching Stephen Colbert though we are getting tired of him, wish he had never left Comedy Central to start a new show.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...