Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Clouding And Warming Up

6:21
6:40
7:30
It's a overcast morning, though cream colored skies fill the skies off to the south.  A vast storm seems to be coming our way but it may pass to the north, hitting Buffalo.  It's 70º out, rain is predicted for later in the day,  Trumps numbers are falling and all seems right in the world, for now.
Looking South At 7:40
Merganser Love
Yesterday, I resumed yoga at Eight Limbs and intend on sticking with it for a month, going at least three times a week.  The studio was crowded, surprisingly, with lots of regulars, many newcomers and I was one of two guys.  It felt good to be back in class, holding various poses for two or three minutes, working on those connective tissues.  And, it's good for practicing mindfulness, for emptying your mind of any worry or anxiety and concentrating on breathing, on holding a position.
So it was good to be back, class was great and I left feeling good, mind empty, body exercised, ready for shopping.  So, I had coffee at Ryders, picked up some eggs, then washed my car in the self car wash and ended up at Wegman's, doing a quick shopping for the week.  Monday's are not the best of days but they had everything I needed.

When I got home, Evie seemed extraordinarily happy, most likely because I was out of the house for a couple of hours, and not bugging her.  I am exaggerating but there is something pleasurable about having the house to yourself, with no one to please except yourself.  The trick to happy retirement, I think, is making sure each partner has space and time for themselves.

For lunch, I had pizza and soup, watched some Olympics, then napped while Evie went out to enjoy the dock despite the cloudy skies.  I joined her for awhile, read, but soon got bored so I started putting summer things back in the garage attic, organizing my garage, and picked up some weeds, an almost daily task.  Around 5:00, we decided to enjoy the late afternoon on our porch with appetizers and wine, so we took a swim to energize and wake us up, got dinner ready, then relaxed on the porch for an hour, listening to news and music.  Around 7:00, Evie pulled the baked potatoes out of the oven, sauteed pork schnitzel cutlets, made a salad, and we had a quick and easy dinner.  We watched some of the Olympics, some old Bill Maher shows, and more Olympics, not wanting to start a new series.

Kayak Morning
It's now 7:30 and I have to admit I don't feel much like going to yoga.  What happened to my good intentions from yesterday?  Well, I stuck it out, forced myself to go kayaking and now I feel righteous at 8:30, eating my granola, getting ready to head to yoga in a half hour.  And Evie's up, too, looking forward to the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...