Thursday, August 11, 2016

All Quiet On The Chautauqua Lake Front

6:16
7:16
It's just about 7:00 and I have been up since 6:15, the only sounds, a few bass boats and some crows. A raft of ducks are floating off to the left of our dock, breakfasting on a mass of seaweed I assume.  It's a sticky, 70º because of 96% humidity.  Rain is forecast sometime today.

Yesterday was another lazy day for me, with little ambition, perhaps because of the stifling heat and humidity.  When you walked outside, whatever mojo I had seemed to drain away.  I did go into Lakewood to drop my car off to get a safety check.  I left it at Keystone and Evie brought me home. She was busy going through our cupboards, getting rid of some of the dishes we have accumulated over the years and no longer need.  And by the end of the day, she organized the newly painted pantry so that it's easy to see and get whatever we need.  With me around, we will see how long it lasts.

I played trading cars just before lunch, by driving my Accord to Keystone, picking up the Pilot which miraculously passed the safety check, and left off the Accord for its check.  I later got a call that it needed two front brakes, something I was expecting.  Hey, when you are a wealthy guy like me, with three cars, you can afford to take care of them!  I then drove to Lakewood, did some shopping at Walmart for  a whistle, which I need for kayaking and found one, which is a compass, a thermometer as well as a whistle.  Cool beans.  I was home by 1:00, in time for some leftover ziti for my lunch and I watched some of the Olympics.

I am not sure what I did the rest of the day, for sure a nap and watching some volleyball but that was about it.  Evie continued with her organizing of cupboards and getting rid of stuff we no longer need. I guess we could call it downsizing our cupboards.  Neither of us had much desire to sit out on the dock but we did want to have a beer out on it around 5:00 but came inside because of the thunder and lightning off to the south.  It did not rain here, just threatened but did rain in Jamestown, flooding the Mall parking lot, stranding cars and drivers.  So we sat on the porch with our beer and pretzels, listening to the thunder threaten until Evie went inside and put together dinner, chicken with broccoli, mushrooms, and an Indian sauce which we had over rice.   It tasted good and healthy for some reason, probably because of lots of veggies.  We watched some news for a few minutes until we could take it no longer, the spin from both sides and the watched a new HBO series recommended by our daughter, Beth, called THE NIGHT OF.  It's riveting and we watched the first two hours.  We highly recommend it.

Finally, today is the 15th birthday of our oldest granddaughter, Hayden.  What a delight.
Hayden And Her Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...