Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Clouds Early But A Sunny Afternoon

6:41
7:00
It's a cool morning, 63º, though the humidity remains in the 90's.  I was up just after the sun appeared albeit behind clouds, so I did not miss much.  It's now 8:00 and the sky is still cloudy, the sun hidden, a few slices of blue off to the south.

Yesterday began with an early kayak paddle, as I mentioned, always a fine way to start my day.  In fact, I should be out there now but don't feel like it, the lake not as inviting because of the ripples and gray.  I drove to Lakewood for class at 9:30, a smaller class, a beginners yoga class which is not as popular as the Yin class.  It was, however, good to see our teacher, Julie, again as she grew up in our neighborhood.  Class was good although I am awfully rusty when trying to manage some of the yoga positions.  But, as always, I left class feeling better than when I arrived.  I stopped only to put some air in my Accord's tires, which seem to need some once every ten days or so, aggravating.

When I got home, Evie was out pulling weeds (from the lake), filling up the dock with them and it was time for my lunch, the same as the day before, as today, pizza and homemade vegetable soup. Before I left for yoga, I saved much of the Rio Games on TV but the match I wanted to see, the US women vs Japan, was not on till after lunch.  So I had some lunch, watched some Olympics, badminton actually, which was fun, unlike any badminton I have seen before.  The rest of the afternoon for both of us was relaxing, either on the dock or in the house, as our modus operandi does not change, yoga and getting work done in the morning, mostly relaxing in the afternoon, with brief spurts of work.  For Evie, it was weeding some in her garden, getting rid of the overgrowth, for me it was bringing in the weeds from the dock, just before it rained around 5:00.

Since we were going out for dinner, Evie had an easy late afternoon, just getting ready to go out to our favorite Irish Pub (the only one around), Steeners in Greenhurst.  We had not been there in quite awhile because its mostly a fall or winter place.  In August, however, they are having a two for one Tuesday night, so we, along with lots of others, took advantage of it.  It was busy but Evie got us two seats at the bar so she was happy.  We sipped our beers, talked with some of the locals before ordering two 10 oz. strip steaks and fries for fourteen bucks, a deal, right.  Everyone likes a deal, find it hard to pass up.  The steak was average, the fries, hand cut, great, so we enjoyed ourselves and left full and ready to relax in front of the boob tube for the rest of the evening.  We watched the fifth episode of The Night Of, and wonder how all the loose ends can be tied up in three more episodes.And we finally caught up with Bill Maher's Real Time.  Bed sounded so good we went up early.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...