Thursday, June 11, 2015

Sun Rising Over Long Point (Rocco's in Fredonia)

5:57
6:00
I was finally up early enough to see the sunrise over the north end of Long Point.  A morning of perfection, or so it seems, 60º out, windless, the lake like smooth gravy.  The high should in the 70's, a perfect day to be outside.  Unfortunately, I am under the weather, with swollen glands, making it difficult to eat.  I went to the doctor yesterday thinking it was a sore throat.  They took a blood sample, to see if it could be an infection and if not, probably a virus.  Not fun.

Yesterday was fine weatherwise, as both Evie and I worked outside, taking care of the yard.  I did not go to yoga and it felt good just staying home.  My throat seemed better after breakfast, so we went out for a nice paddle, over to Warner Bay and back home.  Only a few boats on the lake despite the beautiful morning.  We ran into a fellow paddler and friend, Tom, from Bemus Point, who also is out on the lake quite often like us.  We have talked with him before and he knows about our blog, a neat guy.
Tom From Bemus Point
Fishing Off The Long Point Dock
When we got back, Evie started working on trimming the rhododendrons, and I played around with the buoys, which will be going in the water soon to mark off our swimming area.  I put one in, just to test the depth, and the buoy was completely submerged, so I had to jump in the water, drag it out and redo it.  Around 12:30, I had lunch, left over chicken and quinoa and watched the second half of the Cavs victory over Golden State.  Around 2:00, I drove to the doctor's office in Celeron, saw a PA and had a blood sample taken; it seems worst in the morning and evening. Afterwards, I did some shopping for our dinner on Friday, with two couples.  I just hope I feel good enough.  The last time we scheduled this dinner, we had to cancel because I had pulled a muscle and was in great pain.
Dinner With The Scholtz's and Charlie T
First Time At Rocco's
At 5:00, I was feeling good enough so we went to our neighbors, the Scholtz's, for a glass of wine and appetizers.  They have a lovely porch, for enjoying the late afternoon.  We have had a number of dinners with them and their good friend, Charlie T, over the past years, so we were going to Rocco's in Fredonia, at our suggestion.  Despite the 40 minutes drive, we had great food, why we drive all that way, despite the 1950's basement ambiance.   The eggplant Parmesan is Evie's favorite; I had the special pork Parmesan, which was great.  The portions are enormous, so all of us took home doggy bags.  By the time I got home, I was whipped and headachy, so I took a quick bath, read some and went to bed.

Just heard from the doctor; looks like I have a virus, so I will just keep popping Advil.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...