Wednesday, June 24, 2015

A Diamond in the Sky Morning


8:00
Fall Colors But Dusk On June 23, 7:50 PM
I was up at 6:45, to a living room filled with sunlight and Evie followed soon after, ready for the day. It's fleece weather again, 54º out, a delicious coolness, the high should get up to 70º later in the day and no rain until tonight or tomorrow.  Mashallah!

Yesterday it rained on and off most of the morning, then turned windy and wild during the afternoon.  I bagged yoga, too lazy to get my self together early, so I hung out most of the morning.  And it was a day of contrasts, as I was out, spreading more top sail on the new  grass in the yard after some rain, and worked up a sweat, from the heat and the humidity.  So I did the obvious, jumped in the lake to cool off, something Evie has already done early in the morning, a good picker upper.  I felt energized but not enough to do something substantial.
Finally, A Photo Of A Skittish Cardinal
A Profile
Evie, however, was busy and spent a good part of the day on the Shutterfly website, and she's making amazing progress with her photo album.  Occasionally, I would help out, as it's a learning process for her as she had not been on the site for a year.  I read some, took a brief nap, then because it was sunny out, I decided to begin the annual task of cutting the lake weeds.  We work at this each year to make sure our swimming area is cleared of weeds for our grandchildrens' annual visit.  So I got out my weed rake, a basket to place the cut weeds and worked in the water for about an hour. Two things surprised me, the depth of the water as I was on my tip toes around the dock, trying to cut weeds, and the falling temperatures.  By the time I got out of the water, I was cold from the wind, hurried in off the dock and took a shower to warm up.  This is the same day where, four hours earlier, I had jumped in the lake because it was so hot and humid...the vagaries of Chautauqua weather.

Around 5:00, Evie put together her version of chicken Parmesan, adding spinach, and putting it together before finishing it off in the oven.  We then relaxed on the porch, going through more photos, picking out the best and laughing at some of the great shots from the summer of 2014.  About 7:00, Evie pulled the dinner out of the oven, and we enjoyed the chicken with a salad, and best of all, we have enough left for Thursday night's dinner.  We watched Jon Stewart, then The Nightly Show which we are beginning to enjoy more and more.  And watched a new CBS cop show, Murder In The First Degree, which is trying to compete with some of the great cable TV series.  It doesn't.  And we then watched the last two episodes of RITA, both great, and we were sad to see the series end though it did have a satisfying end, something many series lack.  I know our daughter Beth loves it, and my nephew Pat just wrote to say they have started it and liked it as well.  We both really like Rita's gay son, their relationship, and it's about the first series I have seen that treats teenage gay love with some realism and sensitivity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...