Monday, March 9, 2015

Yoga, Coffee, and Wegmans---A Typical Day Resumes


8:00
Impromptu Village Of Fishermen
It's 7:30 and I have been up for an hour.  At the moment, the sky is overcast, a blue/gray, the lake snow covered of course, without a whisper of wind. It's 28º, and things seem to be warming up around here as the temperatures appear to rise to the 40's all week, as the big melt begins.  Nobody out fishing yet but they will come.

We were still tired yesterday, fighting our colds, so we stayed in most of the day despite the fact it was a beautiful sunny day on the lake.  We just enjoyed the sunshine from within our house.  Over at Long Point, it looked like a small village of fishermen, as it stretched out maybe one hundred feet.  It was a great day to be out, as it was warm as well, getting into the 40's.  I did get out on my skis mid morning, but the lake surface was not great for skiing, a crust of six to eight inches.  So I would sink as I skied, my poles sometimes sinking a foot, as I tried to make my way.  I did find a snow mobile path and it was much better if I followed the path but overall, it was not much fun.  I skied down to the campground and back, which was much better.  Still, it was fun to be back outside on the lake, enjoying the sun, the blue sky, even the wind.  
Cross Country Skiing Path
We had our typical Sunday breakfast around noon, eggs, bacon, and homemade bread toasted, as we watched the last episode of House of Cards, Season Two.  We decided to put off the new season until the evening, so we relaxed the rest of the afternoon, mostly on couches, too tired to move.  I did some reading, finally finishing THE PAYING GUEST.  And at 4:30, I watched Ohio State lose to Wisconsin in basketball.  Evie, a slug like me, spent the afternoon watching TV as well, reading some, rising only to make breakfast and later, dinner.  We both assume we will be ready for bear on Monday.
Fun On The Lake
A Fishing Snow Man
We adjourned to the living room, once Evie put the ribs and potatoes in the oven, watched the sunset with a glass of wine.  The action on the lake was beginning to wind down, the tents disappearing as darkness took over the lake.  For dinner, we had ribs from Trader Joe's, just heat em and eat em, along with cole slaw and potatoes.  The ribs are really quite good and there's just enough for the two of us.  We then binged on the new season of House of Cards, watching three episodes before going to bed.  We are not as enamored with this season, but it's still has a lot to go.  I was happy to go up to bed and get back to my Robert Crais novel, following the antics of PI's Elvis Cole and Joe Pike.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...