Saturday, March 14, 2015

A Rainy, Spring Like Saturday


Before Sunrise
Settling in at 7:30 On A Melting Lake
It's pitch black out, 6:50 to be exact and I have been up for an hour.  Yesterday's sleeping in is balanced by today's getting up way too early. I am listening to Click and Clack and their great laughs make being up so early bearable.
7:30
Looking back at the past week, my days seem boringly similar.  Yoga in the morning, a stop some where either to shop or get coffee, come home, enjoy a lunch, usually of leftovers, then spend the afternoon inside, usually, as it's too wet or too much snow to hike, read some, take a nap, then start thinking about dinner.  Before dinner, we settle down with a glass of wine, then eat, and watch TV before going to bed.  So that basically was my day yesterday, more predictable than the weather.

We did, however, change our evening routine yesterday, as we went out to dinner at the Seezurh House, with our friends, the McClures, who were up for an overnight, checking on their house.  We have not seen them in over a month so it was fun to get together again, especially at the Seezurh House, which seems like home to us, our regular dining out spot for the past 34 years.  And it has not changed much, just owners about 30 years ago, and some changes of decor inside.  It still has a great Friday night fish fry, good burgers, an occasional special worth ordering, but we like the ambiance, lots of people enjoying a night out.  It was not particularly crowded for a Friday, as the summer crowds, the weekenders' cottages, are probably still snowed in.  Ron, Linda, and I got the fish fry, Evie her usual, a chicken sandwich.  We are predictable with our likes, for sure, the only variance, the beers we order, Linda and I, Yuengling, Evie a Bud Light, and Ron, a Molson.  We stayed until 8:30, catching up on the leaks, downed trees, and other sorts of winter annoyances.  We came home and watched some TV, some basketball, American Idol, as there's very little worth watching on a Friday night.  I was anxious to get back to my book, LEAVING BERLIN, so I went upstairs early to read.
A Fallen Hydrangea Blossom On Snow
We have no plans for today; it sounds like rain for a good part of the day, a high or 42º, so we may not be able to get out for a walk or hike.  I am not too keen on going to yoga but I am up so early, I may end up going to the 9:00 class.  It's 7:10, still too dark to take a morning photo, but time to listen to ONLY A GAME on NPR.  And I can just make out a number of tents already out on the lake, and I can hear a snowmobile, see it's headlight, towing gear out to a fishing tent.  And the morning begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...