Friday, March 27, 2015

Wet and Icy Morning, Some Snow Flakes

Early Morning Snow Showers 
We were both up at 5:30, thinking about colors for the bedroom.  I even dreamed about them, could not get my mind off of a burnt orange color for a bedroom.  Pathetic how we often fixate on an idea and no matter how hard we try, we cannot get it out of our mind.  It's 30º outside, and the walk and driveway both are icy.  We did not get snow yet but it's predicted for today and tomorrow but only an inch or two.  It's bizarre to step outside and hear birds singing as it snows.
7:21
Yesterday, Thursday, began with breakfast with Stan and Charlie though the snow birds ought to be back next week, having been in Florida for three months.  We talked about books and March Madness.  When I got home, Evie and Barb were already working on getting our bedroom ready for painting.  I forgot how much prep is necessary before painting can begin, like moving furniture, taking pictures off the walls, taking down the blinds, removing our electrical plates, etc.  And then, once the room is done, the whole process is reversed.  While the ladies worked, I played, driving to yoga in Lakewood, then stopped at the bank.  After that, I had the urge to shop for some reason, perhaps because I was alone, so I stopped in Bon Ton for the first time in a year.  They have amazing sales on winter things at this  time of the year, usually 60 to 70% off of items.  I was tempted but resisted, bought a sub at Subway for lunch, then headed home, and shared it with Evie.  I got crap from both ladies for being a 'girly man', off shopping and to yoga while the ladies worked.

Barb finished the upstairs bedroom around 3:00  and it looks great,  the cascade green quite a difference from our buff.  I liked it so much, the darker color, that I had in my mind the idea of painting the other front bedroom a burnt orange.  So I started looking at colors, both in the brochures and online and found one I liked, Evie too, from Benjamin Moore, called pilgrimage foliage.  The name alone is enough to buy it.  So, I drove across the lake to Chautauqua Brick, to pick up samples of shades of orange as well as the pilgrimage foliage.  When I got back, we continued with our search for just the right color, then went upstairs and it  took us, mostly Evie, about an hour to get our bedroom back together, floor vacuumed, furniture back in place but no pictures on the wall yet.  It looks like a new room. As a result, we are now contemplating buying a new mattress, something we have been putting off for years.  Once this process of redoing begins, we cannot stop.

Fortunately, we had lots of cabbage rolls leftover from the previous night's dinner, so all we had to do was heat it up, make a salad and we had dinner, in our newly painted TV room.  Four basketball games were on but we DVR-ed them, and watched The Americans till about 8:30.  That way I could then watch the Wisconsin/North Carolina game, racing through the time outs/commercials, the only way we enjoy watching television these days.  I also watched the first eight minutes of the Kentucky game, a bore as they were killing West Virginia, so I went up to bed and finished my Matt Rapp thriller.  Like Jack Reacher, he ends up disposing of four guys by himself, despite the fact they are all armed.  What a guy!  Wish I could be more like him.

Today will be the last day for painting for awhile, and the downstairs and one upstairs bedroom will be complete.  We will have the other three bedrooms painted in a couple of weeks, when Barb is free. It's now 7:00 and I don't have to head to yoga for two hours, the advantage or disadvantage of getting up at 5:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...