Saturday, March 28, 2015

Dreaming Of A White Easter


6:55
8:16
Woke up at 6:50, to a white lake and yard, an inch of snow, just enough to paint the yard.  It's 14º out and more snow flurries this morning, a high later in the day of 23º but it should drop to single digits overnight.  It makes me wonder what kind of spring we will have, a brief or lengthy one, one of unusually warm weather, or more cold days.

Yesterday morning was much worse on the roads than I thought.  Barb arrived at 9:00 and saw two accidents on the way to our house, one on the bridge where a truck had hit the center divider, the other just above us on #394.  I was tempted to just stay home, but decided to take the Pilot and roads were decent, most people slowing down and taking their time.  And as I got closer to Lakewood, there was less snow, the roads wet not icy.  Yoga was uncomfortable because a bout of acid reflux hit me just as we began.  I dropped four Tums, continued with class, and slowly it disappeared.  By the end of class, I was fine, ready for the day.
A Fat And Happy Sparrow In The Rhododendrons
When I got home, Evie and Barb were busy finishing up various areas, the kitchen ceiling, closet doors, touching up areas in the bedroom and TV room.  The downstairs was a mess, of paint cans, drop cloths, moved furniture, newspaper, the sort of detritus when you paint.  For lunch, Evie made tuna sandwiches, on home made bread, and we watched Jon Stewart.  We then tackled the tangle of cords emanating from our TV, trying to organize them, so they were more organized.  We pulled all the plugs from the power strip, then followed them back to each device, like the router, or modem or Apple TV.  We then tried to separate and untangle the mess, then plug the cords back in.  After we were done, we had an extra cord? How could that happen?  So I went back through each device, made sure each had a cord which led to the power strip and decided it was just an extra cord.  I plugged in the power source, waiting five minutes, and viola, I was right, the TV and WiFi were working.  What a relief.

Around 2:30, I called an electrician who Barb recommended, Vern Johnson, talked with him and he happened to be finishing a job about ten minutes away.  He asked if we would mind if he came right over and of course, we said yes.  So, he stayed for an hour and a half, talking with us at least half of the time, but hung our 13 inch hammered pewter light/pendant over our island.

Around 3:30,  Evie decided she really disliked the burnt orange sample she had painted on our bedroom wall, too loud,  which meant back to the paint samples on the various websites.  She came up with two more choices, so off I went to Chautauqua Brick, to pick up two more small cans of paint.  She will paint them on the walls this morning and there's a good chance I will be driving off to Chautauqua Brick this afternoon but I hope not!
The Happy Chef And The Boys
We were both exhausted by 5:00, from putting things back together and a busy day but, fortunately, the Ron and Linda had invited us over to their house for dinner so all we had to do was clean up and drive over, through a heavy, wet snow.  We relaxed with beers, then had a great dinner of eggplant rigatoni, sauteed lemon shrimp, salad with creamy Italian, and rolls.  Yum.  The guys had seconds, of course.  We finished the evening with wine, watching some basketball, as the snowplow was out, clearing their road twice.  We were home just before 10:00, with goodies, always, as Linda gave us enough rigatoni for our dinner and, because she has a new Cadillac of a espresso machine, we got her small boat motor, to whipping up the milk in my coffee.  I tried it this morning and loved it.  Why didn't I get one sooner.

Not  sure what today will bring, no plans other than painting some samples on the walls, and no yoga. It sounds too good to just stay here on my couch and have another cup of coffee, waiting for Dennis Webster's Saturday Breakfast Party to come on the radio.

I just finished and will write a review of a book called THE LIFE-CHANGING MAGIC OF TIDYING UP BY MARIE KONDO, # 2 on the Wall Street Journals best seller list.  I know, it's sounds like a 'girly man' book. I  enjoyed it, found her theories interesting, especially its Japanese point of view, but I am still waiting for my life to change.  It did, however, change my tee short drawer.

 One of her mantras: never stack clothes; they just wrinkle, so fold and place them sideways in the drawer.  Cool, I love it!

My Nifty Organized Tee Shirts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...