Thursday, March 12, 2015

Brilliant Sunshine, Blue Skies, Snow Covered Lake

7:43
Its 8:00 and we are both up, listening to Don Imus on Fox Business Radio.  We used to watch him on MSNBC back when we were both working in Ohio until he was taken off for offensive comments about a women's basketball team.  But he always seems to bounce back and has now been on Fox for four or five years.  The sun at the moment is so bright that I have had to move my seat and sit so that it's blocked by a section of the wall.  I am not complaining.  It's a morning filled with gratitude. At the moment, I can two see two guys pulling a sled on to the lake, just off of Long Point.

Yesterday I called my friend to see if he wanted to go to yoga but he decided to wait for this morning. Class was small, just four of us, which was great because we could take advantage of the space.  I am beginning to be sore again from the holding of certain positions, but it's a good kind of sore, the kind that results from feeling as though you have done something that's good for you.  I stopped at Ryder's afterwards for a coffee, then the can man where I made five bucks from my returnables.  And I ended my trip at Tractor Supply, where I picked up 40 pounds of sun flower seeds.  Our birds will be happy.
For lunch, I had the leftover portabella and quinoa, just as good as the night before and we watched the rest of the 37th episode of House of Cards, which stopped in mid point last night because of problems with a slow signal.  It made us anxious for the evening, when we could watch the last two episodes of Season Three.

We did not do much during the afternoon though I wanted to get a hike in outside because it was so amazing out, like this morning, blue sky and bright sun.  So, I put on my high boots, hoping to go out and walk on the lake.  Well, that did not work out, as the snow was so high in the yard that I got some snow in my boots, and the lake was slushy, and I would sink in a foot of slush as I took each step.  Not fun, so I stuck on our road, went to the campground and back, making a path so we could walk it later in the week.

We both took showers and got cleaned up at 5:00 because we were going to the Viking Club for dinner.  We stopped at our friends the McClures house, to check on it, and they did have some water on their rug and floors.  We called them, and we are going over later this morning to do some cleaning up.  It does not look too bad,  a wet rug (luckily not wall to wall), some water on their floors. When we got to the club, we were greeted with 'where have you guys been' from some of the regulars.  I am not sure if that's a good thing or not, to be thought of as regulars at a bar.

Anyways, we had fun talking with Don and Dawn, a couple we have gotten to know the last three or four times we have been there.  Evie had the Viking Burger, and I had wings, along with a couple of beers.  It's interesting how everyone at the bar becomes friendly as the night goes on, sharing stories, laughing, enjoying each others company.
Dusk At The Viking Club
It was a fun night, to watch the sun set off to the West, as we enjoyed ourselves  We were home around 8:300, just in time to watch the final two episodes of House of Cards, which ended with a shocker, which I won't mention for fear of ruining it for anyone who reads this blog.  Once it's over, we could look back and easily predict it.  But, still, we were in shock.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...