Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Wednesday Morning Fog


7:20
I slept in until 7:20, most likely because I had difficulty getting to sleep, so things even out.  It's a gray, gray morning, some fog still on the lake, as the lake surface continues to melt.  At the moment, a huge swath of slush has appeared fifty yards off shore.  Still, a couple intrepid fisherman have braved the surface.  It's still safe but a wet slog out.

I did make it to yoga yesterday though I would have preferred to stay home, still lazy from the cold and sniffles.  But I made it, a class of three or four new people, which is good for our teacher.  I am sore this morning from the class, as I am definitely out of yoga shape, especially my hamstrings, which are always tight.  Because Evie had a dentist appointment at 11:00, I chipped more ice from in front of the garage and was able to back the Honda Accord out, to drive to yoga.  Unfortunately, the tires were all low, one down to 15 psi, so I drove slowly to Hogan's and pumped them up.  This happens after a week or two of use, especially if it sits in the garage for three or four months and know one seems to know how to solve it other than getting new rims.  When I got home, I also noticed a pool of wetness on the garage floor and figured out that it was oil. I checked the car and realized my car had an oil leak.  I called Keystone and will take it in tomorrow morning, another car bill, this time for the Accord, not the Pilot.  I think I am getting closer to buying a new car.

Evie was at at the dentist when I got home, so I made some ramen, a bagel with cream cheese and watched another episode of that great TV show Banshee.  I only watch it when Evie is not around. She did not get home till 3:00, having stopped at Sam's and Brigiotti's for vegetables.  We hope to give them our business more often, supporting locals.

I read most of the afternoon, enjoying McCarthy's NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN.  After all the groceries were put away, Evie started prepping our dinner, stuffed portabello mushrooms, with garlic spinach, cheese, and tomato sauce.  She got them ready, then we sat down and enjoyed a glass of wine and listened to POTUS, our new favorite radio station on Sirius Radio and watched the fog slide in.

5:00 PM
Around 6:00, Evie put the mushrooms in the oven for a half hour, pulled them out and cracked an egg on top of each and returned them to the oven.  As I cleaned up, she also made some quinoa, as we have decided to see if it might be a good, nutritious substitute for rice.  It said to cook it for 10 or 15 minutes; well, ours took close to 25 minutes before it was ready to eat.  The stuffed mushrooms were great, the eggs firm, and we both liked the quinoa, though Evie doctored it up with chicken broth and lots of Himalayan salt.  We then binged on three and a half hours of House of Cards, stopping only because we were having trouble with the speed of our Internet. So we decided to finish the 37th episode and watch the rest of it tonight.  It was 10:00 by then, so I went up to read and Evie followed shortly after.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...