Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Wild Winds, Rain, Choppy Lake

7:16
7:15
Both Evie and I were up early, just after 6:00, wakened by the heavy winds, the house knocking and groaning as a result.  The weather is threatening, no fishing boats out today, with rain and southerly wind  forecast for most of the day.  Looks like it may be a 'Movie Tuesday,' with half price popcorn and drinks. It's a warm 48º, though it looks much colder sitting in my house, watching the waves.

Yoga began my day yesterday, and it's becoming part of my routine.  When I don't have it, like today, I feel lost.  What am I to do?  Class was fine, a few new twists, a result of Danielle's attendance at the Workshop this weekend.  Attending these workshops are helpful for yoga teachers, as they pick up tips they can pass on to their classes.  I skipped coffee, staying healthy and wealthy for a day, but did stop at the quarry, now open and picked up a load (four buckets) of stones, came home and spread it on my parking space,  but I still need a couple more trips to finish, though looking at it, I may never be finished since I can always use more gravel/stones.  It's one of those things like a garden, which can always use more weeding, cutting, cultivating.
The Beauty of Freshly Spread Gravel
For lunch, I had a chicken sandwich and homemade soup. watched some of the coverage of the racist remarks of the LA Clippers owner, which dominated the news on ESPN.  Then, I  went off with Evie for another doctor's appointment in Jamestown.  I read my book waiting, people watching, then we stopped at WCA for a blood test, before heading home, not an enjoyable way to spend the afternoon for either of us.  We got home around 3:00 and I was reminded of an unfinished parking  area, so I put on my work clothes and drove two more times to the quarry and I am finally done with the work.  Ironically, Evie mentioned to Shane what I was doing; he said I was crazy, he could easily get a couple of yards for me with his truck and dump it and spread it.  Next time, I guess.
The Road Not Often Taken
We had leftover pork and sauerkraut for dinner, filling and tasty, then caught up on our Sunday night shows, Mad Men and The Good Wife.  I wonder what people did before television, especially at night after dinner?  Listen to the radio, perhaps read, sit and talk?  I cannot even remember what life was like in Turkey when we had no TV, no Internet, no radio, nothing.  We did read a lot each evening, enjoying a cup of tea as we sank into our velvet chairs.  That's where I got much of my education as I went through many great writers in the seven years we lived there as did Evie.  One thing I remember is that all three children were always in bed by 8:00, no matter what time of the year, the good old days seem long ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...