Saturday, April 5, 2014

Lake's Cracking Up, Winter Returns For A Day (Lakewood Rod and Gun Club)

7:06
Friday Afternoon Melt

 Finches Brightening for Spring
Up at 6:30, to the howl of heavy winds out our window.  Now, at 7:00, the lake's open along the shoreline,  a couple of crows sit on the ice, feeding on something.  A dusting of snow overnight, just enough to be visible on the walks.  It''s 32º but the morning reminds me of a late November morning.

Yesterday did not seem spring like, no sun, windy, cold but I was up early, so I went to the 8:15 yoga class in Lakewood, one of the two students.  I am not sure why so few people attend this class because it's fine.  Perhaps because it's too early for some, too late for others.  Anyways, it was great for my sore back which seems back to normal, enshallah!  I did not get out of class till 9:45, stopped at Ryder's, talked with Joyce, the friendly barrista, then home, where Evie was into dusting and polishing our dining room furniture.  My job was to vacuum, something I can handle.  It was a good morning to stay inside and get things done because the outside was hardly inviting for a hike or walk.
Looking for a Place to Nest
After a lunch of leftover spaghetti, Evie drove off to Lakewood, for a workout, and I watched some TV, read my latest, A Spy By Nature, and took a nap since I was up early.  Love those afternoon naps when you wake up rested, ready for bear.  Our good friend Stan Marshaus stopped over around 4:00, stayed for an hour, as we caught up on his life as a bachelor.  He's a hard guy to keep track of, but will be around for the summer it sounds like.  I think he misses his work as a golf pro, which gave him something to do.  Around 5:30, we drove off to Lakewood, again, stopped at Walmart to pick up the bear mace/pepper spray I had ordered online, and Evie picked up some Rustoleum, to paint our rusty radiator cover.  We also stopped at Weggies, to pick up a few things for the weekend of March Madness, before going to the Rod and Gun for a fish fry.  The weather was terrible, as we were caught in a heavy rain storm both going into Wegman's, as well as the Rod and Gun.  It was even thundering, a sure sign of spring...I hope.  The Rod and Gun was the same, filled with locals our age, mostly, the bar packed with happy people, the wait for a table about forty five minutes.  Once we were seated, we had our dinner within ten minutes, so we lingered longer at the bar then we did over dinner.  That's a bad sign.  We were home by 9:15, in time to watch Colbert, then the latest episode of Parenthood.  We were both in bed by 11:00, tired from our hard day.
Crows On Ice
No yoga this morning as class is cancelled.  And it's not the kind of day where you want to go for a hike, so it looks like my major activity will be a drive to the Transfer Station.  Can't wait.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...