Wednesday, April 9, 2014

A Real Spring Morning

6:45
6:58
It was 6:30 when I arose, the sky a combination of pink and light blue, a few clouds off to the east, and warmer than yesterday, 34º.  Goodness, it look like a lovely day at the lake, which is open, a band of fifty yards near the shore, frozen out beyond the fifty yard mark.  Lots of ducks float by all day, I can count at least four off of our wall, mallards and megansers, mostly.  We can hear the honks of geese in the sky but have not seen many on the lake yet.
Signs Of Rebirth
Kinney's Run
Tuesday was wet, misty, with light rain early, but cleared up in the afternoon.  I was reading a blog from Kripalu, about how just five minutes a day in nature was enough to make one's day.  I totally agreed, so I put on my rain pants, jacket, and went for a forty five minute walk in the Woodlawn/Victoria woods, exploring the ground, looking for green among the brown leaves, enjoying the antlered trees above.  A walk in nature is a natural tonic, cleansing the mind, as you put aside the computer, the phone, the worries and just enjoy the moment, the walk, the natural world.  Oh, O, sounding like a tree hugger! Anyways, put simply, it was a good walk, despite the mist, the wet ground.
Jamestown's Art Alley
Because I had to go in to Jamestown at 1:00, I went to Sam's Club first, picked up salmon and spinach for dinner, while I waited for their service center to rotate my tires.  I couldn't pass up the lunch special, a hot dog and coke for $1.79.  It took just about an hour, so  I went into Jamestown, stopped by the dentist for ten minutes, then went to the Labyrinth Press Coffee Shop, read for awhile, surfed the Internet on my computer, before heading home, stopping at Key Bank to cash a couple of checks.
Wall Art in Jamestown
More Wall Art
When I got home, Evie had already been to the gym and worked out.  We took it easy the  rest of the afternoon despite the fact that the sun came out, taking a gray day, making it bright and colorful, the blue sky, the white clouds, the lake.  What a difference in our moods when the sun comes out.

I cooked the salmon outside on the grill, in foil, and Evie made some garlic spinach to go along with the salmon and salad for dinner.  We watched Stewart and Colbert, then the Women's NCAA final game, between UCONN and Notre Dame, not much of a game because UCONN was so much better.  We went upstairs to read around 10:30, early for us but we were tired for some reason.

At the moment, the reflection of the sun on the lake is blinding, reminding me for some reason of our early walks on Sanibel, the sun rising over the Gulf.  If the wind keeps down, it may be the first kayak afternoon of spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...