Thursday, April 17, 2014

Back At The Lake

6:22
Full Moon Over Tom's Point at 10:00 PM
A crisp, partly cloudy morning at the lake, 30º out, long white streaks of clouds criss cross the sky over Bemus Bay.  We have only been away from the lake for a day but it still feels good to be home.
Yesterday, as I mentioned in my blog, was a full day, starting with breakfast at my sister and brother in law's house on Lake Erie, where we had spent the night, a two hour drive from Chautauqua.  Rich was up early, to play tennis, so we did not have breakfast till after 9:00 when he returned.  He loves breakfasts, usually makes them, so we had scrambled eggs, bacon, home fries, and English muffin toast, all great.  We left about 10:00, for Eton Square to hit both the Apple store and Trader Joe's.  While I went to the Apple store, Evie shopped at Trader Joe's, picking up lots of goodies we like but don't really need...it's what we call shopping.  I had my Mac Air diagnosed and there was a problem with my software, that only could be fixed if the entire hard drive was erased and I had to then go home and download all the settings and applications from my Time Machine, a scary process.  I gave the go ahead, though I was worried that Time Machine would have bugs.  Well, I am on my Mac this morning so it worked, but it took close to ten hours to download everything from Time Machine.  And it looks like I need my Microsoft word  serial number to get Word on my machine but I have no idea what it is.  That may be a problem.
Enjoying Lunch Out With Our Good Friend Vi
Anyways, we met our good friend Virpi Buck for lunch at the Redhawk restaurant in Painesville, and we had a good time catching up with Vi, about OU, her grandchildren and travels.  She is an inspiration.  We lunched for an hour and a half, then drove back to the lake, getting home around 2:00.
Putting The Finishing Touches On the Lamb Shanks
Dinner
We relaxed until 6:00, when we went to the McClures for dinner.  Linda out did herself, with a Moroccan lamb shank dinner, with prunes, raisins and apricots, couscous and a Greek salad.  We loved it.  And Linda had been following the NYTimes wine writer, who is taking the readers through various types of wine, and this month he recommended a couple of Bordeaux's, talked about how to pair them with a dinner, what they tasted like.  So she picked up one of those 'expensive' bottles in Pittsburgh, and we had it for dinner.  Although it was highly recommended, none of us were taken with it, in fact, we like our cheap ten dollar a bottle wines better.  I am not sure what that says, perhaps cheap wine has ruined our taste buds, we are used to a certain kind of wine, or we just don't know how to appreciate good wine.

The Big Pour
We got home around 10:00 ready for bed after a fun day.  As we drove home, we were shocked by the huge full moon, hanging over the lake, like a fall night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...