Thursday, April 3, 2014

Feels and Sounds Like Spring

6:40 
6:46
Evie and I are both up at 6:30, a tangerine colored sky, inviting Evie take numerous photo shots.  When I walked out, it felt so different from the past few months, birds chirping, a warmth to the air despite the fact that the lake is still frozen...but not for long.  It's only 28º, feels a lot warmer, a high today in the 40's, rain forecast for tonight.  I have breakfast at the Bemus Point Inn in an hour, so I better get to it.

Yesterday was a bore of a day for me, as my back still bothered me (it's better this morning) so I sat around most of the day with a heating pad, sometimes doing some yoga for relief but found that if I stood, it felt better.  So what did I do?  I made two different breads, the first my 'go to' No Knead Bread With Flax, Quinoa, and Oats.  While it was baking, I had found a English Muffin bread recipe from one of my favorite food blogs, Lottie and Doof (yep, I follow food blogs I like).  It sounded easy and good so I put together the ingredients, very wet, with a three cups of milk, let it rise twice for a half hour, baked it for 30 minutes and voila, I had two loaves of delicious bread, much better than an English muffin.

While I was doing this, Evie was catching up on loads of laundry from our trip to Florida but around noon, she went off to the Y to workout.  Hopefully, today we will be able to walk somewhere.  Late afternoon, Evie put together two pasta sauces, one with mushrooms for her, one with sausage for me.  It sounded good to both of us, so with a salad, that was our dinner.  We watched our usual, Stewart and Colbert, then half of The Wolf Of Wall Street, a movie many people have disliked for it's language and sex orgies.  It was pretty gross and filthy, I agree, excess at a extreme, and it reminded me of what I assume many cultures think of us, sybaritic, vulgar, addicted to sex, drugs, and alcohol.  The movie mostly made me angry, at it's depiction of Americans,  at people who make a living by lying to people and taking their money, then using it to fuel their vulgar habits, like something out of a Roman orgy.  I wonder how accurate it is because it's supposedly based on a true story.  I was glad to get back to my new novel, A SPY BY NATURE, a novel a colleague recommended by Charles Cumming, an English writer.  So far, so good.

Off to breakfast in fifteen minutes, then to yoga, for the first time in a month.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...