Friday, April 25, 2014

A Partly Cloudy Morning Sky


6:35
Framed Painting of a Chickadee by Our Daughter, Beth
Both Evie and I were up around 6:15, not able to get back to sleep.  A partly cloudy sky, warmer than yesterday, 45º, with some rain late afternoon.

Yesterday was yoga Thursday, a crowded class, one guy other than me, as most are back from spring breaks.  Class was typical, lots of longer asanas but everyone seemed to feel good after it.  I then went looking for a rust retarder at hardware stores, a liquid product to paint on my metal dock pieces to prolong their life.  I found something called Extend, which gets rid of  rust, protects against further problems.  It turns the area black but since it's under water anyways, I don't mind the color.  I tried it last year and it seemed to work.

When I got home, Evie had made tuna melts for lunch, and then she took off to work out at the gym.  I decided to watch the HBO series True Detective, a new series which we never finished because we lost interest.  I did want to see how it turned out so I have watched the first two episodes during lunch when Evie is working out.  She does not care to see it.  Mid afternoon, I picked up two more loads of gravel/stone and finally finished off my parking space.  It sure looks nice.  Now, I have to cover the other parking area, near my garage and I will be finished but will then have nothing to do.  I also worked on my metal dock horses with a wire brush, getting them ready for the Extend coating.  There's so much rust that I am only coating the areas which seem to rust through, the joints.

We enjoyed a glass of wine and cheese around 6:00.  It seems strange to have the sun still bright at this hour after our winter of darkness.  It extends the day, which is fine when it's warm outside, not so good if it's cold and rainy.  We finished up the pastitsio, with a salad and garlic bread, just like Wednesday night, still good.  And we watched the same shows as the night before, no change there.  We were both tired and went to bed by 10:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...