Thursday, March 6, 2014

Top Of The Morning


Long Point at 5:30 p.m.
6:51 a.m.
Up at 6:30, still very cold outside, 5º, but there's good news ahead, in the low 40's on the weekend, perhaps my garage door will unfreeze so I can get my car out.  A partly cloudy sky at the moment, the sun breaking through, the lake surface white and shiny.

Yesterday morning was yoga and workout day for us and it felt good to get out of the house, do something physical, feel good after, and then stop and enjoy a coffee at Ryder's Cup before we headed home.  It was still a very cold day, highs around 15º, but if the wind was not blowing, it was bearable outside.
A View From Our Window
We did not do much the rest of the day, not sure why, it just felt good to relax.  I had the last of the meat loaf, on bread with ketchup, of course, and we watched both Stewart and Colbert.  Mid afternoon I made myself go out cross country skiing, since I had not been out in four or five days.  While I skied, the sun actually came out for about five minutes, it snowed some, and was bitterly cold when I skied north, towards Whitney Bay, so that I could only stay out for about forty minutes.  It was fine, however, if I skied with the wind.  Perhaps today, if the wind abates, it will be better.
Dusk
A Gaggle of Fisherman, 5:00PM
We relaxed before dinner with a class of wine because dinner was easy, leftovers from last night's dinner, pork tenderloin, asparagus, and mushroom polenta, still good if not better than the night before.  We finished the last season of HOUSE OF CARDS, not really surprised by the ending since there's going to be at least another year.  The show, if possible, makes politics and politicians look even more corrupt and venal then they do in today's newspapers.  Francis Underwood, the master mind of the series, stops at nothing to get what he wants, a truly Machiavellian politician,  charming, unctuous, hypocritical, a liar.  He reminds me of what the journalist I. F. Stone said about politicians fifty years ago: "Never believe a politician; they all lie."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...