Friday, March 7, 2014

A Beautiful Sunrise (Breakfast at Bemus Point Inn)

Buddha In The Winter
Breakfasting Birds
6:35
I woke at 6:00, decided to get up because I have yoga at 8:15 and I wanted to have a couple of hours to relax, have my coffee, and write my blog before I drive off to Lakewood.  At the moment, the sun has just risen to its fullest, blinding  both Evie and me, forcing us to slide on our couch into the shadows.

Yesterday started with breakfast at the Bemus Point Inn, after a two week hiatus because the owners were on vacation, closing it for two weeks.  Everyone seemed happy to see it open again for breakfast, as it was crowded, the same people there each Thursday or so it seems, and the waitress in a great mood. Charlie and I caught up on the local news; he's been keeping busy by volunteering to do the taxes for those who need help filing, a service that the area offers to their residents each tax season. For breakfast, I had my favorite, two poached eggs on hash, with toast. Yum.  I then went into Jamestown, to see a doctor, to check that my last visit, for removal of a small tumor, had healed nicely.  It had, so I drove home on Main Street, checking out a new restaurant called Havana, not sure if it's open yet but they have up a big sign.  It would be neat if they actually offered Cuban food.
Open Again
When I got home, Evie took off to work out and return a few Lands End items at Sears.  Around 12:00, I decided I wanted some exercise, so I cross country skied the loop around the campground, thinking the wind would not be as strong off the lake.  Unfortunately, a couple of roads were down to the asphalt, no snow, so I had to take off my skis and walk some but it was still a good forty minute ski.   I then watched another episode of Banshee (only when Evie's not home), lots of sex and violence, while eating my lunch of hamburger stroganoff, tasty as ever.   I read some, a new thriller with another CIA agent, John Wells, this time living with the terrorists in Afghanistan called THE FAITHFUL SPY by Alex Berenson. This is the first of many volumes following Wells.  Around 3:00, the sun came out, making the lake and sky so inviting that I strapped on my skis once again and skied for another forty five minutes, down to Wells Bay and back, in the bright sun shine, the lake a glistening white, the sky baby blue.  The wind was not bad, and I worked up quite a sweat.
Skiing Before Shadows Swallow The Lake
Evie returned before I went skiing, thus the picture, and when I returned, we relaxed as is our wont, before dinner, this time with a beer in a tall Pilsener glass.  It's interesting how a proper glass often makes a beverage even better.  For dinner, we had bratwurst and sauerkraut with a salad, just right and we watched Stewart and Colbert, plus zipping through Wednesday night's American Idol before going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...