Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Colder Than Yesterday

6:20
6:40
It's 6:30, slashes of brilliant pink on the horizon, as a solitary fisherman walks out to mid lake, and it's 7 below zero at the moment.  Go figure.  I was up at 6:00 for some reason, have loved sitting here in the dark, watching the far sky grow 'rosy colored', attribution to Homer.  It makes me want to go outside as well, until I feel the bitter coldness of a below zero morning and I am happy to be inside, fire going, coffee hot, sitting on my couch.  It's now almost 7:00 and the color has drained out of the sky, a bit of rouge but mostly gray.  And I just heard a thumping by our kitchen window, the blue jay was back, having breakfast at our hanging suet feeder, a noisy boy.
Big Boy
Yesterday, again, was bitterly cold, so that neither of us wanted to venture outside for long.  I did jump in my frozen car at 9:00, to go off to yoga, to class that should be called Yoga for Women and One Guy.  They are nice enough to me, so I don't mind being the only male in a class of seventeen.  I dropped a couple of library books off at the Lakewood Library, before driving home, not wanting to linger because of the cold.  Evie had the kitchen torn apart when I returned, continuing her spring cleaning and by the time she left to workout at 1:30, everything was back in order, the kitchen bright and shiny, like new, especially the cabinets.  She not only worked out, but hit the mall, Old Navy to be exact, and Wegman's, since we are having the McClures over for dinner tonight.  By the time she returned home, she was wiped out, understandably so, ready to relax with a glass of wine.
Blue Jay Cometh
Shake A Tail Feather
For dinner, we had tilapia, coated with homemade bread crumbs, garlic spinach, cole slaw, and sweet potatoes, something both of us have discovered we really like.  Are white potatoes, waxy and filled with carbs, a thing of the past?  I doubt it.  The dinner was great, and I made my brother in law Rich's special tartar sauce, the key being the inclusion of capers and for me, hot sauce.  We watched our usual TV, some Idol and a couple of more episodes of HOUSE OF CARDS.  I am going to have to revise my prognostications about the demise of Francis and Claire because I just read that the series will have a third year, so Francis will live to fight a few more battles, elevate hypocrisy to an art, and survive for another year.  Cannot wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...