Saturday, March 8, 2014

A Whiff Of Spring, A Touch of Summer (Yoga at Eight Limbs Yoga Studio)

Eight Limbs Yoga Studio Instructor, Courtney
7:00
Like clockwork, I wake, waiting for it to be light enough to check my watch, to see if its 6:00. And, yes, it was 6:05, so up I got, came down, turned on the coffee, then the radio, to hear Click and Clack, and now, it's 6:45, a number of black figures out on the white surface of the lake.  It's overcast, quite a  contrast to the last two days of sun, and an almost tropical 36º.  Light snow forecast for this morning, a low tonight of 14º but dare I say the sub zero temperatures are over?
At Eight Limbs Studio, With Wendy and Sarah
Both Evie and I were up early yesterday, off to yoga by 8:00, Evie to work out.  We both are getting in a routine where we do not want to miss a day of exercise.  Yoga was fine, only three of us, so I was able to take some pictures of class, and they were good enough to allow me to put some pictures on the blog.  It was a good class, fun to get to know the other students, Sarah and Wendy.  It's a great way to start the morning, not too physical but enough so that you feel challenged.  After Evie worked out, she went to Wegman's to pick up some things, so I lingered over coffee at Ryders and read some.  We got home around noon, as it was definitely warming up  I decided to try once again to see if I could get the garage door open, frozen I presumed from ice, and amazingly, after a bit of a tussle, I got it open.  One of the tires on my car was flat, so I called AAA, and within an hour, they came to restore it to it's 30 pounds of pressure.  This tire always seemed to lose air, so I talked with the guy, and he said to bring it into his station in Mayville, and he would fix it for me.  So around 3:00, I drove off to Mayville, stopping first  at the CI post office, to mail a package, dropped my car off, then sat outside, on a picnic table next to the Mayville Train Station, in the sun, reading and watching the snowmobiles and fishermen on the lake.  It was glorious to just sit in the sun, warm enough to just have on a fleece.  The car was done in a half hour, cost me to twenty bucks and I was home by 4:00.  

Amish Fishing at Mayville
I forgot to say I cross country skied before heading to Mayville for a half hour; it was so sunny and warm, 50º, that I had to get out on the lake, and hatless, with my jacket open, I had a great ski, even got sunburned from the reflection of the sun on the lake.  As I skied, the lake would groan, like an echoing bass drum, as if the lake god's were awakened from their winter sleep by the warm sun. Unnerving!
With Jane Grice's Dad, Bill and Husband, Jerry
Jane and Her Mom
At 5:00, the Grice's picked us up because we were meeting Jane's parents at the Airport Restaurant for a fish fry.  Her parents live at Heritage Village Retirement Campus, in Gerry, so it's a short drive for them.  Unfortunately, our meals were mediocre, in fact, I could hardly eat my fish as the batter was like dough, but we got through it, without making a fuss.  Afterwards, we went back to Jane's parents house, in a retirement village, a perfect house for the two of them, no upkeep, everything inside and out taken care of by the village although Pat, Jane's Mom, has planted a beautiful perennial flower garden.  We enjoyed a delicious homemade apple pie, brownies and coffee, as we reminisced about the good old days.  Jane's Dad regaled us with some stories about his WW II days in the Navy; we both felt like we were back with Evie's Dad, listening to his stories of his experiences in the Pacific.  We stayed until about 8:45, and got home by 9:15, a fun night.  We had just enough time to watch last night's episode of Parenthood before going upstairs to read, back to the world of spies of and terrorists, ready to destroy anything American.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...