Thursday, January 24, 2013

Two Degrees Out, With Flurries


7:32


7:59

8:00
Up at 6:45 and was shocked by how cold it was outside, even in side, 55º, so I turned up the thermostat to 60 and put on a fleece.  Right now it's 7:30 and the lake, the outside, looks like the frozen tundra, flurries, white lake, skies so gray I can hardly make out the Bemus shore line.

Our Home
Yesterday's yoga was cancelled, the wimps, so I was at lost as to what to do in the morning.  It's amazing how something like yoga class quickly becomes part of your routine.  So, I whipped out a yoga video my daughter Jill had given me and followed the asanas (physical exercises) on the screen for about 45 minutes.  It's pretty good, and they have a variety of routines which I liked.  About 11:30, I drove over to the CI, after cleaning about eight inches of snow off my car and doing some snow shoveling.  I returned a book, the library warm and cosy, picked up THE YELLOW BIRDS, a highly recommended book about the Iraq War and then cross country skied around the CI for about forty five minutes.  The roads were all plowed, but they were fine for skiing because there was a nice layer of snow, not ice.  It was beautiful, the tree branches bent low by the clinging snow, the occasional sun shine. And like my walk yesterday, despite the single digit temperatures, I was never cold, working up a sweat.
Chautauqua Institute

I spent my afternoon, as usual, reading, watching Stewart and Colbert as I ate lunch, then around 4:30 I went for a walk around the campground.  It was invigorating, breathing in the cold air, a slight breeze, a few snow flakes, no one around, just me.  I thought I might go out for dinner to the Seezurh for a burger, but the snow picked up, so I did not want to chance fighting the storm.  So, I put together another taco salad, watched some TV, finished AT LAST, started THE YELLOW BIRDS and went to bed very tired for some reason.

Today, I have yoga,  I think, and I will spend the day getting reading for my flight to Las Vegas tomorrow morning at 7:05 from Buffalo.  I will have to get up around 3:00, to make sure I take my time on the Interstates, as I am not sure of road condition.  Only an inch of snow is predicted for the next twenty four hours so I assume the roads should be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...