Friday, January 18, 2013

A Blanket of White

7:25
Woodlawn 

Looking Towards Woodlawn at Dusk


Partially Frozen Lake atLong Point Marina 

Woodlawn's Creek
Up too early again, 5:30, 16º outside, an inch of lovely snow blankets the ground, no animal tracks, no gouges, just virgin snow.  Snow showers this morning, cold and windy the rest of the day, not exactly kayaking weather but I might give it a try if it's not too windy.  No yoga this morning, just an appointment to get my eyes checked.  It might be a good day to hike Dobbins Woods, as it's spectacular just after a snow fall.  We will see what I am up for.

My days don't seem to change much, like yesterday, yoga in the morning, coffee, a walk in the afternoon, dinner at the Seezurh House with the Mc Clures, not that I am complaining.  Yoga was good, crowded, one of two guys, and lots of work on the lower back.  We did do something different, though; we gave ourselves a foot massage, a treat for our hard work according to our instructor, Danielle.  She also happens to be a masseuse, so she know what's she's doing.  It felt good actually though I don't usually look so closely at my foot and toes.  She mentioned that she is going to India in late February, to Goa, where she will take more yoga classes.  Interesting.  I did not have much to tell her about India since my backpacking trip through India was thirty seven years ago.  It's bizarre how something like that, my trip through the Far East, seems like a mirage, like it never happened.  Only a few images remain in my mind.  Perhaps I should go back through my diary to reconstruct my trip, get out my India slides, so I know, for sure, it happened.  Once something is over, it's over.  Like it never happened.  Live in the moment, be present.  I'm trying.

In the afternoon, I read and took a nap, after my restless night.  Around 4:30, I took a walk through the Woodlawn/Victoria woods, as it was getting dark, the shadows lengthening, the sun disappearing in the west.  I enjoy the lake at this time of day, like a black and white photo, little color, just shadows, shades of gray and black.  At 6:30, the Mc Clures picked me up and we went to the Seezurh House, our routine, but I ordered something different, just to prove I am not an automaton, pot roast with mashed potatoes!  Exciting and quite tasty, especially with a couple of drafts of Yuengling.  We finished around 9:00 and I came home, watched some Louie C.K. and then went upstairs to read.  I fell asleep around 11:00, waking at 3:00, again at 5:00 before getting up at 5:30.

By the way, I changed my morning routine, as I am sitting by the fireplace, enjoying its warmth instead of looking out the front windows at the darkness.  Once it starts to get light, I will go back to the couch and watch the sun rise.   It's 7:15 and the darkness is just beginning to fade, the shore lines hinted at.  Time to turn off the fire place,  move to the couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...