Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Evie's Las Vegas Bound

8:45
Swans Are Back

Walking Woodlawn/Victoria Woods


Woodlawn at Dusk
Up at 3:00 and yes, it's dark out, as we have to leave for the Buffalo Airport in about forty five minutes.  Evie's flight leaves at the ungodly time of 7:00 AM, so we want to be on our way at the latest by 4:00, getting here there by 5:30.  I feel surprisingly good at the moment, but let's see how I feel later today and if I make it to yoga at 10:00,  It's 24ยบ outside and partly cloudy, a chance of rain.

Yesterday was getting ready for Evie's trip day though I did make it to yoga at 9:30.  A  good class, one of two guys, in an increasingly crowded yoga studio.  We worked quite a bit on chest openings, using the egg, which we placed in mid back when he laid down on our back, spreading our arms, creating a nice curve.  After yoga, I went to  Wegman's to pick up food I might need this week.  Meanwhile, Evie was getting packed and made both chocolate chip cookies for me and some Indian cauliflower soup, one of our favorites.  I did get a nice walk in around 4:00, through the Woodlawn/Victoria woods and it felt invigorating to be outside, to have it cold once again as I walked, so different from Sunday's sixty degree walk around the CI.  The snow has completely melted and the woods floor is completely brown, with pressed or smashed leaves, from the snow.  I did walk along the lake, past Telkins and it looks like there may be a structure going up just beyond their house, where there used to be a cottage, just below the blue house.  The area has been cleared of trees, though no digging or building has been started.

For dinner, we had the slow cooked chicken cacciatore and it was perfect, great sauce and the chicken was done just right.  I think we may start using it more as it was nice to have dinner finished except for a salad.  We watched Downton Abbey and remain disappointed, as it seems predictable and routine or more of the same.  Maybe we (me) are just getting too cynical.  We went to be early since we were getting up at 3:00, Evie at 9:00, me at 10:30.

It's now 8:30 and I am back from the airport, having had a Mc Donald's coffee and sandwich in Fredonia, betting home around 7:00, just as Evie took off.  I was able to sleep for about an hour, finish this, and am off to yoga at 9:45.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...